PDA

View Full Version : Can I claim for.......................

mrsh
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I have found the list of what I can claim for but was wondering if I can claim for plug in air freshners? My mum uses them every day and her house always smells so nice when you walk in but then she told me she pays £50 month for that nice smell :eeeek:

Also as I don't drive (but hubby does) if I was to arrange a day out and he drove could I claim anything back for that (petrol for instance)?!

deeb66
09-05-2008, 05:54 AM
I don't think you would get away with the plug in air freshners to be honest......well it's certainly nothing I have tried to claim.

I may claim 50% for the occassional can of freshner for the toilet but that is it really.

You can claim the mileage cost if your hubby dropped you off and picked you up on an outing for the children.

HTH

RedDragon
09-05-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere (ages ago) that tests have been done on these plug in things and they are not very good for little lungs and I was told by someone that they can make changes in the body (blood cells/blood count - something along those lines - but because I'm so vague on it you would have to investigate yourself).

My middle child has asthma so I never use them.

Sorry if that's going off track as you really wanted to know if you could put them on expenses.

sarah707
09-05-2008, 06:45 AM
My son has asthma too and I don't use them... you never know what conditions mindees will have so best avoided tbh. :D

miffy
09-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I agree with the others I wouldn't use them in case a mindee had a reaction to them and I don't think you would get away with claiming them on your expenses either

miffy xx

angeldelight
09-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Sorry but I really thought you were joking when you asked this

It would be personal choice at the end of the day if you used them and nothing what so ever to do with childminding

Angel xx

vix84
11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
When I started Childminding my friend who is an experienced Childminder told me Ofsted dont like you to have them - ie- allergies/chemicals etc.

Mollymop
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
£50 a month! lol! I used to buy them alot, but one would last me a few months at £6. Maybe stretch to the hallway as well as the lounge - at £12 every 2 months. haha.. She must have them in nearly every plug socket.:laughing: But I do love the smell of them.

Jinx
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
I bought one for our 'new to us' car years ago. It plugged into the air vent. Hubby only went and plugged it in upside down!!! The next day the dash board was covered in this oily substance that we never managed to get off!!!!
But the car smelt good!!!!!

Never use them in the house. Can't justify the electricity expense!!!!!!:laughing:

Jinx x

christine e
12-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I did use to use them and claim for them (nothing like £50 though) but I don't use them anymore as I was told that Ofsted don't like them. One because of the link to allergies but also because a child could get into them and suck them (I'm talking of the ones with liquid inside them)

Christine:( :(