PDA

View Full Version : NEF Minding

LilyBelles
29-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi i hope i have put this in the correct bit!!!

i have been asked by a parent if i am going to able to give her the 15 hours a week funded by the government for her son when he turns 3years. i have minded this child since he was 1 and half so have a very good relationship with them.
I have looked into this funding and i'm a little unsure what its all about.
Am i correct in saying that i need to be a NEF childminder and also is it true that this entails a LOT of extra paperwork all the way up to the child reaching school.

Im so unsure what to do as i dont want to loose this lil one for the 15 hours a week in 4 months time but on the other hand i dont want to be sitting here for hours doing more paperwork than i do already. Also dont no weather i could charge more for having this extra service as feel it would be annoying for the parent.

Help please

Maria Pia
29-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Not sure about the paperwork, but in Kent in order to accept government funded placements you need to be an accredited childminder. Here the NCMA does the accreditation process. Not sure if the parent would be happy to pay extra in addition to the funding, although I know of people in my area that did it, since the government funding hourly fee didn't cover their existing hourly fee. Hope this helps!

Maria :)

sarah707
30-08-2011, 06:10 PM
You need to contact your local bods and find out the requirements because every area is different.

Hth :D