PDA

View Full Version : school pick ups

~Grasshopper~
29-08-2011, 02:48 PM
hiya,

i have a family coming round tomorrow about a school pick up for a 7yr old, she goes to my sons school so all should be good but my son is in reception and round the other side of the building. what do you all do??

i think they will go in at the same time but she will come out 5 mins later than ds1. Do the teachers keep them for a few mins for you??? amd would i make her wait with me a reception class till ds1 has gone in and then walk her round or leave her at her door and make him late :( hmmmm

Do i need some sort of permission to collect her?? the headmistress knows me so would mum just need to inform them.

xxx

sarah707
29-08-2011, 03:30 PM
You need to find out what happens in the other classes - do the children wait until an adult is there for them or get sent across the playground? I would have a chat with the teacher and see what the usual arrangement is.

We have an agreement with our older ones - they don't leave the shelter of the school door until they can see us.

If children go in at the same time I always take the younger ones first and the older ones go to their classroom and I catch them up. Your ds will need your attention in the morning especially at the start of term so you should see him in and then pop round to check the older child is safe and doing what she needs to do.

Again talk to the teacher, make sure she knows the child will be arriving and leaving with you, ask if there are any routines she needs to do like putting things in a drawer or changing her book so you can remind her of her jobs.

Hth :)

marleymoo
29-08-2011, 06:29 PM
school staff know we do 4 school pick-ups (2 each) and so they know we might be a bit late. they get all our lot together from each different year group to wait for us together. at least this way none of them feel as though they're waiting on their own. nice of them i think.

WibbleWobble
29-08-2011, 06:46 PM
i always pick up recep first and then make my way round to the other classes. the teachers all know me and hold on to the others until i get there.

dropping off i do the opposite...eldest first and so on...seeing them all into the doors. last is reception class.

works very well

mandy xx

marleymoo
29-08-2011, 07:00 PM
oh for drop-offs i just wind down the windows, slow down a bit and tell them to bail. eeeee if only

muffins
29-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I do 2 schools & with the first in the morning I leave them in the playground with the teacher on duty, & then take the second lot to next sch & drive upto the office bail them out they sort themselves out once inside the sch!

After sch I pick the lot I drop off second in the morning first, they all meet at the office & I collect them from there, then drive to the other sch where they also meet at the office, I'm sometimes abit late for this one but the sch know & keep them till I'm there!

:D

JCrakers
30-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I always start at one end of the school and pick up making my way to Reception. I always leave reception until the end as they take so long to come out. They are all on the carpet and as the teacher sees each parent she lets the child out.
All the parents are so enthuiastic so spend a lot of time picking up, chatting to teacher etc that you could be stood there a good 10mins before mindee comes out...

Becky

~Grasshopper~
30-08-2011, 07:56 AM
thanks everyone.

i will have a chat with the parents tonight when they visit and take it from there if they choose me.

my son has been in the school nursery a year so he is familiar with the school and routines.

awww my first baby is starting big school - i bet i cry :)

xx

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 02:14 PM
awww my first baby is starting big school - i bet i cry :)

xx

i did. still miss him when he's at school and he's nearly 13!