PDA

View Full Version : Which double buggy

alysonclark
29-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi ladies which double buggy would you recommend for a 7 month old and his 2 and a half year old brother . I don't have a double yet and mum is coming to see me on fri to start minding on the 14th sept !!! She has told me the eldest does like to walk but can't do so forever .I have looked on the internet but haven't got a clue which to get .

Velleity
29-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Is he too young to stand on a buggy board when he gets tired of walking?
My daughter is 2yrs and 2months and stands quite happily for fairly long walks on the board.

carriebird
29-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I have the out and about nipper 360 for my 8month old and 2 1/2yr old. I love love love it. So easy to push with 1 hand, comfortable for both, pretty light. My daughter can jump in and out easily and I can hold her hand whilst pushing, so it's ideal for the older one to walk. It isn't very wide either. Would 100% reccommend. :thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
29-08-2011, 02:50 PM
hi

i have a nipper its great BUT i wouldnt waste money for a 2 1/2 year old, a single and buggy board is ample. my own 18mth old now loves to walk and use board xxx

alysonclark
29-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I thought about a buggy board and can get one to go on the travel system I bought when my Grandson was born a few years ago . But in the reviews everyone was saying that they catch on your ankles ,and as my pushchair has a solid bar type handle there is not much room for a child to stand ,better on an umbrella fold buggy.

blue bear
29-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I love my phil and teds - single and double in one go, easy to push one handed and hold lo hand.

If you can't fit a buggy board in your single what about getting a strolli?

gegele
29-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I love LOVE my nipper even if i have to remove a wheel to get in and out my door!!! even if it takes so much space in my inexitant boot...

BUT as said before you would be better of getting a buggy board for your single as it's a lot of money to buy a double for a 2.5 yrs old who will walk most of the time.

miffy
29-08-2011, 05:21 PM
As you're only just starting out and these children are both from the same family why not ask mum if she can bring her double buggy when she drops them off and you could use that?

Miffy xx

khlwomitchell
29-08-2011, 10:15 PM
I love my phil and teds - single and double in one go, easy to push one handed and hold lo hand.

If you can't fit a buggy board in your single what about getting a strolli?

me too, good investment, but not cheap!
at 2 1/2 buggy board much better, maybe get a cheap umbrella buggy to go with it?

hibbie
30-08-2011, 12:29 AM
I have 16month old twins and we were using an Easywalker Duo which I absolutlely love, however this was no good for short trips into town by bus etc.

We are now using a Joovy caboose which both myself and the twins love. It has a front seat which is suitable for 6 months+ (younger if you have a carseat plus adaptor) and as well as a rear facing plank style seat (with a 3 point harness) it has a fitted buggy board. The older child can therfore use either the seat at the back if tired, the buggy board or walk.

Having a fitted buggy board has the advantage of having proper handles for the child to hold on to, still being able to use the brakes on the buggy and not tripping on the board as the handle of the buggy are further back than the board. The rain cover also covers both children so no need for an umberella for the older child (although my 2 always seem to get wet feet!!!)

We managed to pick up ours on Gumtree for £100 although I have since seen them advertised on it and ebay much cheaper than this.

Anyway I just thought I'd suggest this as we really love it and not too many people have heard of/seen it...we get stopped at least once a day an asked about it!

alysonclark
30-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi I have looked at the joovey caboose and another similar one which would both solve my problem when minding these 2 children , whoever if I was to get other children too young for a buggy board type thingy then I would have a similar problem again.I think I will go for either a out n about 360 or a baby jogger mini ,think of it as a business investment and hopefully will get more little ones on different days to use it

Mrs Pootle
30-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I have the Baby Weavers, Baby 2 Twin which is very similar to the Nipper 360 but a lot cheaper. It is really smooth to push, the children can ride in style, and I have room for all the rubbish in the basket underneath.:thumbsup:

Monkey26
30-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I have a Britax B-dual, i chose this over the phil and teds as both seats recline on the britax for sleeps :) x

JennyM
30-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I have the nipper 360 too which I got second hand. I love it but I don't use it much and have never tried to get into a shop with it or anything,

khlwomitchell
30-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi I have looked at the joovey caboose and another similar one which would both solve my problem when minding these 2 children , whoever if I was to get other children too young for a buggy board type thingy then I would have a similar problem again.I think I will go for either a out n about 360 or a baby jogger mini ,think of it as a business investment and hopefully will get more little ones on different days to use it

have you a regular single buggy too?
The reason i chose a phil and teds over the nipper 360 or jane power twin was for one its narrower but also can be used as a single, making it useful for all ages. And you can put a buggy board on a phil and teds in single mode so all round good x

JumpingJacks
30-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Nipper 360 everytime! Fits through everydoor I've tried except my front door but with quick wheel release that solves the problem. Great for kids of all ages and so easy to push! Even with a buggy board attached! Wouldn't swap mine for anything!

cockatoos
30-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I am having similar dilema. I think (not quite convinced yet due to price) that I am going to go for the Mountain Buggy Duet. It is a side by side and is only 63cm wide (about the same as some single buggies). Will fit on bus and in front door. I have an 11 month and a 13month to push around though!

khlwomitchell
30-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I am having similar dilema. I think (not quite convinced yet due to price) that I am going to go for the Mountain Buggy Duet. It is a side by side and is only 63cm wide (about the same as some single buggies). Will fit on bus and in front door. I have an 11 month and a 13month to push around though!

is it easy to push? looks like the nipper 360, how much smaller is it? The nipper was great but wouldn't fit in my multipla boot, so easy to push though.
interesting buggy, never seen one before

cockatoos
31-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Had a quick try out at the local buggy shop. Really lovely to push but a bit heavier than the 360 nipper. I love mountain buggies - used to have a single. This one folds up a bit better (handle tucks under so it is under a metre long when folded) than the single. Only problem is the price tag 580!!!!! (sorry no pound sign!) They have only just come out too so no chance of a secondhand one. I still can't quick justify paying that sort of money, but only one that ticks all the boxes!

amy

khlwomitchell
31-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Had a quick try out at the local buggy shop. Really lovely to push but a bit heavier than the 360 nipper. I love mountain buggies - used to have a single. This one folds up a bit better (handle tucks under so it is under a metre long when folded) than the single. Only problem is the price tag 580!!!!! (sorry no pound sign!) They have only just come out too so no chance of a secondhand one. I still can't quick justify paying that sort of money, but only one that ticks all the boxes!

amy

OUCH! and i thought the phil and ted was expensive! better start saving those pennies!!