PDA

View Full Version : How have you set out your operational plan?

aly
29-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Welsh cm's.

? Just wodnering really how you set it out...I know more or less what to put in it but nto sure how or where etc.

sarah707
29-08-2011, 03:36 PM
You could do it so you follow the order of the national minimum standards, putting in evidence for each one... or alphabetically.

I have seen some good ones set out to follow the Every Child Matters agenda as well...

The most important thing is that you can find what you need quickly from it and it makes sense to you and the inspector / reader :)

webbthomas
29-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Aly
Just had my pre-reg and my inspector gave me a lot of praise for my Op Policy :blush: and liked the bit where I refer to my compliance with the standards. It took me ages to decide on the format but as Sarah707 said it's what works for you and mine has finally started to follow a logical format which I refer to frequently. Happy to send to you if you want to PM me as it's a bit long to post on here! :laughing:

jadavi
29-08-2011, 03:54 PM
HI ya,

Is the Obs policy something that welsh Cms only have to do?
I dont recall being told about that at the Itc course. We were told about obs and how to do them but nothing about a written policy?

webbthomas
29-08-2011, 04:01 PM
HI ya,

I dont recall being told about that at the Itc course. We were told about obs and how to do them but nothing about a written policy?

Hi
It's in the new NMS (as of April 2011) - see 14.1
"An operational plan is developed and periodically reviewed. This is
available to parents. The aim of this plan is to ensure that the
service is well planned and organised and to allow maximum
flexibility in organising the provision according to available
resources and the needs of children and families ..."

sarah707
29-08-2011, 05:01 PM
HI ya,

Jackie, aly is talking about an operational plan - it's a bit like the Eyfs portfolio of evidence.

It contains everything about your provision / service / setting ... it's not a policy but it does contain your policies and procedures.

It is something for Wales but a lot of English and Scottish childminders also have something very similar.

Hth :D

Polly2
29-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I have set mine out in line with the new NMS so I have headings 'Standard' 'Comments' and 'evidence'

HTH :thumbsup:

JAC DO
30-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi,

We were sent a letter with changes and it said only new childminders need an operational plan and as the self assement form we fill in before inspection cover this.

Llinos