PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of childminder? better than nursery or pre-school??

Bluebell
28-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi

- I've just posted similar in websites but I would really like to promote my business as a better option as a lot of people round here use the nursery or pre-schools. I'd really like to attract them to at least consider chidminders!

I would like to do some leaflets and have been working on my website too. I have put a sentance about us been a home based environment that can be beneficial to young children rather than leaving them in a school type environment with lots of adults and other children. I am not sure I have worded this right AT ALL!! My own son goes to a pre-school aswell as days at home and it has been hugely beneficial for him and just don't want to be slagging off their services - I just need some help on how to word it!!!
Dooes anyone have a list of benefits of a childminder or know where I could find one that promotes all the good points of a childminder????

sarah707
28-08-2011, 02:19 PM
If you google your question quite a few websites come up with extol the virtues of childminders over group care.

However I find parents tend to have fixed ideas about what they want... it can depend on whether they need guaranteed care as well because the one thing we cannot do is work when we are sick / on holiday etc.

Hth :D

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 03:32 PM
but we are flexible in ways that nurseries cannot be. i'd concentrate on caring for siblings from same family, home from home with better adult to child ratio (more individual attention), cover when schools are shut, breakfast and afterschool, school drop offs and pick ups, continuity - from full time baby place to taking to nursery to picking up from primary school. i still even take some ex mindees to secondary school with my son for goodness sake and some of them still come on outings with us (they're so sweet holding the LO's hands aah). it can be a lifelong relationship. also mention your commitment to CPPD

rachelle
30-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I would advertise as flexible childcare in a home environment. An ability to really know the children and nurture their development as you help them grow - or something like that!

missymood
30-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I would advertise as flexible childcare in a home environment. An ability to really know the children and nurture their development as you help them grow - or something like that!

That's a lovely quote:thumbsup:

Bluebell
04-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Thank you very much for your replies! I've been changing it around quite a bit and think it sounds ok. I've also put on my website a link to the NCMA page that promotes the benefits of childminders!

littlegremlins
04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Also, the parent knows that you are the key person looking after their child and that will not change, with nurseries you can get a turnover of staff so the key worker may change..with a childminder it is continuity of care and a personal service that caters more fully to the child's individual needs.