PDA

View Full Version : Parent Packs

Kirsteen
27-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi!

Got my pre-reg inspection week after next and trying to put together my parent pack so I'm good to go as soon as I'm registered. I think I'm ok with what i need in the way of consents/info etc, but i was wondering......which policies am I required to give parents a copy of??? Is it all of them or just certain ones?

Thanks.

Zumba-mum
28-08-2011, 06:43 AM
They need to at least read them all and sign to say so. I would either print them all off or if they have internet you could email them. Good luck :D

rickysmiths
28-08-2011, 09:12 AM
I have a parent information pack for prospective parents to look at and take home to show a Partner if they would like to but they return it to me.

The tiltle page has my logo and on the bottom of the page I have put 'Please return this folder-you will receive your own personalised fold on signing a contract'.

It has the following in it and the stared items are what I put in the folder I give them if they sign a Contract. I remove my URN from all the documents in the folder.

A Copy of my Quality Standards Award Cert
A copy of my brochure with one for them to keep *
About 3/4 page of blurb about the benefits of Home Based Care + leaflet from NCMA called Home from Home
A couple of pages about me and my setting with some photos of my setting and of me and my family.
Copy of my current Registration Cert*
Copy of my latest Ofsted Report*
Copy of my Current Public Liabilty Insurance Cert*
Copy of my Employees Insurance Cert*
Sample Menu Ideas
Blank copy of a page from NCMA Attendance Register that they would sign
Blank Copy of NCMA Contract with my rates and terms in.*
Copy Of Parental Responsibility Form they sign*
Next of Kin Form they fill in*
Emergency Medical and Contact Info Form they fill in*
Consent and Permissions Form*
Policies all of them including Emergency Procedure *
Photo of Emergency Carers with their contact details*
Compalints Procedure*
It's child's play a leafley about EYFS (see link below)
Guidance on infection control in schools and other childcare settings HPA (see link below)
List of Notifiable Diseases HPA (see link below)
Copy of my First Aid Cert
Home from Home DVD from NCMA

I alway give a hard copy of ALL my polices to the parents because I think if I am asking them to sign and agree to them they should then have a copy of all of them for their reference. I know some give them on a disc or email them but you need to be sure they are ina formate that can not be changed.

https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/DCSF-00448-2008

http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/SchoolsGuidanceOnInfectionControl/

http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/NotificationsOfInfectiousDiseases/ListOfNotifiableDiseases/

I hope the above helps.

Kirsteen
28-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow! Do u also supply the wheelbarrow to cart it all home???? :-)

That's a massively scary list. Thanks for that...think I need to still do a bit of work on my parent info pack ;-)

Thank you! :-)

Bob
29-08-2011, 06:24 AM
That is an awful lot of paperwork. Is there anywhere that tells us what is legally necessary to give to parents?