PDA

View Full Version : The childminding Grinch?

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Is it just me that thinks this or am I really the Childminding Grinch? I'm told I'm even laughing like him now and, you know what, I am. Help me someone pleeeaaase......before I start talking in Dr Seuss rhyme too!
An Englishwoman's home is her castle
all swags, tails and thick tassles
till we opened our doors
to the mindee hoardes
and now it's nothing but hassle.

too late aaaaarrrrgh!

jane5
27-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I think you are :laughing: :laughing: ;)

Your other posts have made me giggle, you say it as you see it, no frilly bits :thumbsup:

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 04:11 PM
that's it then, when a complete stranger agrees then i know i'm doomed...to live alone...at the top of a rubbish tip...with only the echoes of my own whingeing and moaning for company. aah, but at least there's an up side, there'll be no KIDS!!!

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I think you are :laughing: :laughing: ;)

Your other posts have made me giggle, you say it as you see it, no frilly bits :thumbsup:

there are no frilly bits in childminding, this is the absolute truth

boageymonster
27-08-2011, 04:15 PM
yep i think you maybe :p although i am rather jelous that i cant be as tough talking as you :)

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 04:24 PM
yep i think you maybe :p although i am rather jelous that i cant be as tough talking as you :)

give it another few years of childminding boageymonster and you will be joining me up on the top of that tip, trust me;)

loocyloo
27-08-2011, 06:56 PM
ahhh, you see, my problem is .... i was tough, and hard talking and took no nonsense from anyone ... ( almost!;) ) and then i had to leave my thriving business and move with DH job

... struggling to get new work and am finding my usual 'this is it, take it or leave it' approach is not getting me very far !!! i'm making sure i don't agree to things i don't want to do, BUT i have currently done away with retainers and deposits :eek:

marleymoo
28-08-2011, 06:28 AM
sounds rough,i do hope things pick up for you again. i daresay if i was in the same position i might have to try to be a bit nicer, difficult as that would probably be after 7 years of hard cynicism (have i spelt that right?)