PDA

View Full Version : 11yo, 6yo, 15mth & 14mths ideas please!!

mgtrem
27-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Got my new after schoolies coming to play on weds! Very excited as it will be a great opportunity to get to know them. However need to try and think of activities that I can do that the little boys can join in but the big girls will enjoy too?

Got some ideas but not sure how to fill a whole day, esp if its raining!! (Also got 1st graded inspection next week so my brain is completely frazzled!!)

Thanks in advance xx

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 02:26 PM
o god, over 8 girls are just THE WORST to plan for because, trust me, no matter what you plan for her, it will never be good enough. i do hope, for your sake, she is not there for your inspection lol

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 02:30 PM
i do have a tip though. if you can give said girl an activity which will enable her to boss the other kids around then she'll be happy. my suggestion? teacher role play. naturally, she will be the teacher. other than that, little hope for you really :laughing: BTW she will be soooo bossy that the LO's will soon be crying and leave her classroom and then there will be anarchy - think... london riots 2 weeks ago

blue bear
27-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Cooking, let older ones have a bowl each, I buy the tesco value cake mix at 40p each does not break the bank.

Craft activity that can be graded to each Childs ability, say molding clay models to paint later or make paper mâché hand bags, the older one will have done this before and can help the younger ones hopefully she will carry on long after the little ones loose interest and finish off the sticking!!!

Small world is a favourite in my house, Playmobil stretches over all the ages ( Playmobil 123 for little ones ) bigger ones add to their play and develop other ideas.

Trip to the park, older ones help little ones for a bit

I find the mix in ages works well, ask the children what they like and try and make older time activities when lo sleeps if you can

Bananabrain
27-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Maybe get the older ones to help the littlies make shakers?
Playdough always goes down well, even adults like it 'cos of it's stress relieving properties!

caz3007
27-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I have even had 11 year old boys doing playdough and enjoying it.

I used to have a girl who I had between year 1 and 5 and she was never a problem, always happy to go along with what I organised.

How about gluing and sticking. I have loads of different things to stick on and pop them all on the table, the little ones can do random and sure the older ones will then make something more structured. Stickers too are popular here and all ages are happy to do something with them.