PDA

View Full Version : cancelling fees?

jadavi
27-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Just wanted to check with everyone. Presumably if they cancel a mindee's session last minute or that day they lose their money? How long in advance do you accept them cancelling ie if they suddenly have someone else who wants to have their kids for the day...48 hours? And would they lose half fee even then?

Need to get this clear after the nature of a few of my enquiries.... ie' He'll be coming to you most times but sometimes my sister likes to have him'....

cheers,
Jac

Mamma4Ya
27-08-2011, 09:53 AM
It all depends on what you have in your contract. If they are cancelling for the day fees are usually still paid as you were available for work. You need to make it clear that you still have to keep the place open for them so fees are payable if they choose for the sister to have them thats up to them but they still need to pay.

cupcake22
27-08-2011, 09:59 AM
If they are cancelling the contract full stop then its my notice period of 4 weeks but if they just not bringing them for a day or 2 coz someone else having them they still have to pay coz i am available to work.

Cupcake22

nikki thomson
27-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi, I have written in my policies that any occasional days off without 2 weeks notice us full fee's but to be honest I am flexible on that, for example if they came in on the mon and said next wed they won't be in I would give a discount but if they came in on the mon ir worse when they were picking up and said tomorrow they won't be in I would charge full fees otherwise you don't know where you are with money especially if they do it alot. X

Twinkles
27-08-2011, 10:01 AM
My contracts state that full fees are payable unless I cancel. Due to my sickness or holiday.

If they take holiday or the occasional day off, however long they give as notice, they still pay full fee.

I'd find it hard to budget and run my business if they could suddenly cancel and not expect to pay.

jadavi
27-08-2011, 10:23 AM
True true, but i fear I am a softie...partic if they give me lots of notice. I guess the answer is to have a water tight contract agreed at the beginning....

Mamma4Ya
27-08-2011, 10:33 AM
True true, but i fear I am a softie...partic if they give me lots of notice. I guess the answer is to have a water tight contract agreed at the beginning....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Juggler
27-08-2011, 11:13 AM
i would say, unless it's an agreed ad-hoc hours contract that she pays full ALL the time. What do your contracts say about contracted hours and child absence, what they pay for their holiday (i.e. full/half fee/nothing). If their holiday is zero fees, then you would still have a notice period in the contract (if you use NCMA or MM) and then I'd stick to that, if they give required notice they can have zero or half fees as per contract, if it's short notice - then no.:panic:

If you have an ad-hoc contract then days which have been booked are paid in full. So for all holidays I would get her to book days by a form in advance (at least 2 weeks in advance). The form should state 'booked days are payable whether used or not' and she should sign the form to agree to it.

So just make sure your new contract is VERY clear what would happen in either of these circumstances.

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 03:01 PM
My contracts state that full fees are payable unless I cancel. Due to my sickness or holiday.

If they take holiday or the occasional day off, however long they give as notice, they still pay full fee.

I'd find it hard to budget and run my business if they could suddenly cancel and not expect to pay.

here here
God, they'd be doing this all the time, just to pay less childcare a week but knowing they still have that day if they want it. this is called, having their cake and eating it dear.

cupcake22
27-08-2011, 05:23 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mine is so water tight even air cant get thru lol

Cupcake22

marleymoo
29-08-2011, 06:15 PM
and rightly so