PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever contacted Ofsted to ask when inspection would be?

catswhiskers
26-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I ask this because mine is 8 months overdue (my last one being Nov 07).

A friend of mine who was also last inspected in Nov 07 had hers last week. Shall I expect mine? I want it!

According to the ofsted website, when I type in my postcode it seems that I'm not the only one overdue. Some childminders go back as far as March 07 as their last inspection - that's nearly 4 and a half years since last inspection!

How can we be seen as professional when no-one is checking us in that time?

Seeing as the public are led to believe we are done every 3 years and also because we're expected to do lots of stuff under the EYFS I think it's terrible.

Since my last inspection I've cared for lots of children and some have left, parents made redundant, kids gone to school, and in some cases I've kept records, obs, diaries on them for nearly 4 years, only to have to hand them over to parents when they leave.

There's me thinking I'm being good and keeping it all for Ofsted to see but hey ho, no they won't want to see any mindees stuff that have left!

It's really made me think about all the hours sat up late at night doing it all and from now will be doing a lot less.

Has anyone contacted Ofsted about their overdue inspection and what was their response?

Thanks.

rickysmiths
27-08-2011, 12:14 AM
No I have not. My Inspection was due in Jan this year, they rang and gave a week in March and it was postponed and I haven't heard since. I have since March had a complete change of Mindees and from having a range from 7 5 4.5 2.5 1yr and 8mths. I have had 2 x1yr and 10mth and in Sept I will also have a 4yr a 2yr.

muffins
27-08-2011, 06:37 AM
I did as mine was 2yrs overdue & they just told me I am on the list & they'll contact me when they are ready!

I had to wait another 4mths before I heard from them again & that was only because I had put in for a variation, the inspector said she wasn't doing a full inspection just a visit to check all was ok for the variation:rolleyes: I told her I needed an inspection & she said she'd have to ask ofsted first cos she hadn't be instructed to, they did agree but she still came & did the check 1st & did the inspection 3 wks later:eek:

What a faff:angry:

merry
27-08-2011, 07:14 AM
I have and all they tell you is to wait and you'll be contacted when they're ready. All Ofsted could tell me was that the deadline they set for my inspection was 31st August so it would definitely be before then. My last inspection was August 2007 and they rang eventually last Thursday to tell me it'd be either first or second week in September and the inspector will not be ringing me beforehand so I have no idea who it will be.

:)

miffy
27-08-2011, 07:38 AM
No! :panic: I'd never ring them! :laughing:

Miffy xx

catswhiskers
27-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all your replies - thing is I was totally prepared a while ago but not now!