PDA

View Full Version : online courses plz help

jen1206
26-08-2011, 04:24 PM
i am pre-reg to look after over 5's so do not need to do anything with the eyfs but the training requirements from ofsted are as follows:

Childminders must ensure that they successfully complete,within six months of registration, a course approved by an English local authority designed to enable the childminder to meet the requirements of registration (unless they have already done so).

Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or
 training in the core skills as set out in thedocument ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

can someone plz point me in the direction of where i can do these online and i am also wanting to train as a teaching assistant and was wondering if there was any course i could do for this which would incorporate the above requirements for the childminding. Thank you so much for any info passed on to me! x

khlwomitchell
26-08-2011, 08:16 PM
i am pre-reg to look after over 5's so do not need to do anything with the eyfs but the training requirements from ofsted are as follows:

Childminders must ensure that they successfully complete,within six months of registration, a course approved by an English local authority designed to enable the childminder to meet the requirements of registration (unless they have already done so).

Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or
 training in the core skills as set out in thedocument ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

can someone plz point me in the direction of where i can do these online and i am also wanting to train as a teaching assistant and was wondering if there was any course i could do for this which would incorporate the above requirements for the childminding. Thank you so much for any info passed on to me! x

That is the 'how to set up a homebased childcare service' CYPOP5 from the NCMA. its not EYFS linked fully just about welfare, safety, knowledge of kids learning etc.
i think that is the level 2

amyf84
01-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Im am doing my CYPOP5 with the childcare company but i know they do a lot of other online courses so might be worth getting in touch with them.

Amy x