PDA

View Full Version : Which toys for 18m girl???

lwilkins
26-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy some new toys as i have mainly boys toys and have started minding an 18mth old girl two days a week. Any suggestions for the best toys you have got for that age group??? I have got 2 dolls and a pushchair so far...

I have 3 boys, so am stuck! lol...

Thanks,

Lisa x

gegele
26-08-2011, 02:19 PM
play food
bags, hat, and accessories
little people, animals
kitchen

The Juggler
26-08-2011, 03:08 PM
sandpit and waterplay
block play
smallworld sets (any!)
lots of glue and sticking activities.

MaryMary
26-08-2011, 03:13 PM
As part of your observations, you could watch what she plays with at a toddler group, or play date with another cm. This way you are taking into account her interests aswell :)

Other than that, dolls & prams, play food, drawing/painting, small world etc

HTH :)

Flisspaps
26-08-2011, 04:41 PM
And of course, you shouldn't see the toys as gender specific - just as toys.

My DD and mindees (all girls) love the sandpit, toy trains and building bricks.

Boys would probably be equally happy with play food, dolls and a pushchair.

:)

lwilkins
26-08-2011, 04:44 PM
thanks for all your replies. Some great ideas there! I completely agree about toys not being gender specific.. but i just thought i should really offer a wider range of toys including some typically 'girly' toys iyswim.

Lisa

caz3007
26-08-2011, 05:55 PM
When I started looking after a little girl after years of boys, I got given some dolls and that was it. I already had a dolls buggy, cars, bricks, small world ect and she plays with all these. She is 17 months

khlwomitchell
26-08-2011, 06:49 PM
my youngest boy and girl, 20mths and 3 love happyland toys. very suckable and fun.

lwilkins
27-08-2011, 08:48 PM
so which small world sets would you all reccomend?

khlwomitchell
27-08-2011, 09:03 PM
aliens, non gender specific, i love the elc martian house but i have loads already. Space ship is ace, make great sounds x

MaryMary
27-08-2011, 09:34 PM
so which small world sets would you all reccomend?

Happyland :) They are quite chunky & there is a huge range. ELC often have them on offer, and I like to buy the ones that are half price!!

mummyMia
29-08-2011, 03:43 PM
My 16 month old LOVES handbags. I put small play mirrors, coin purses, brushes, old keys, old bus tickets, out of date cards (credit card sized ones) and the plastic pockets for oyster cards inside. She struts around the house with them looking very pleased:)

I also have a huge collection of happyland and agree with the others that they are really good. Much better than any of the other brands. My 16mo especially loves the big double decker London bus. She loves putting the people in and out and uses it a bit like a shape sorter.

samb
30-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I have got the Fisher Price Little People rather than ELC - you can pick up bundles on ebay very reasonably priced.

How about other push along or pull along toys like dogs that walk etc?

marleymoo
30-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy some new toys as i have mainly boys toys and have started minding an 18mth old girl two days a week. Any suggestions for the best toys you have got for that age group??? I have got 2 dolls and a pushchair so far...

I have 3 boys, so am stuck! lol...

Thanks,

Lisa x

simples, ask mum what she likes to play with at home and go from there