PDA

View Full Version : out of school care - fees

Kirsteen
26-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi

Can someone please suggest how to handle fees for out of school care?

My pre-reg inspection is in less than 2 weeks, and assuming i get through ok first time i have a couple kids starting immediately for after school care.

My main query is how to deal with holidays. Geneally mum or dad take their holidays when the schools are off so i can't see them using me during holidays, perhaps just once in a while. I was thinking about doing a term time only contract for out of school care, and then additional holiday contracts for any extra hours parents need in school holidays, but i think i am making extra work for myself there. Does anyone have kids who are term time only, and do u charge all year round for them regardless? Do you charge full fee or half in holidays?

Help!

Thank you :-)

HMT81
26-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I have 2 brothers who are term time only. I charge a fixed monthly amount. I worked this out by how much they would pay per week, multiply by the number of weeks I will actually be looking after them over the year and then divide by 52. That way the parents aren't paying any extra and I still get paid over the holidays and I know what I will be getting. I hope that makes sense. x

Kirsteen
27-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for that :-)