PDA

View Full Version : maternity and finishing contracts.

aly
26-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Don't know what to do.

T [4] is going from all day to before and after school as he is now going full time in school, but obviusouly still all day in holidays.

No mum is finishing in jan for her maternity so have 2 queries i need help with.
1) Contracts - I am with ncma, but I think it is a waste to do a new contract now as he is finishing in jan, so can I do a cover not explaining the new hours and get mum to sign and attach to original contract and redo new contracts when he comes back.

2) What do I do with regards to retainer/deposit for the maternity break of 'T'? She is finishing him in jan and she not sure if she returning oct or jan as she is worrying about money now so really not sure the best thing to do.

rickysmiths
26-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Firstly I would do a new Contract, it is a small cost for the sake of absolute clarity.

What you do reguarding materity is really up to you. I would expect some sort of committment from the family.

In the past I have continued to have the child one day a week out of 5 in order to have some continuety for the child and I charged a token retainer to keep the full time place open for 8 months. I knew I would get both the children and was in a position to be able to afford to do this in order to keep the family and have two full timers.

Another family who were only 2.5 days a week, did not want to keep the older child here during maternity or pay anything. I told them I couldn't promise to keep a place open and they would have to take pot luck. Also having left there would be no promise I could get a variation for an extra child. They chose not to pay and when they wanted a place I didnot have one. it was the risk they took.

aly
26-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Firstly I would do a new Contract, it is a small cost for the sake of absolute clarity.

What you do reguarding materity is really up to you. I would expect some sort of committment from the family.

In the past I have continued to have the child one day a week out of 5 in order to have some continuety for the child and I charged a token retainer to keep the full time place open for 8 months. I knew I would get both the children and was in a position to be able to afford to do this in order to keep the family and have two full timers.

Another family who were only 2.5 days a week, did not want to keep the older child here during maternity or pay anything. I told them I couldn't promise to keep a place open and they would have to take pot luck. Also having left there would be no promise I could get a variation for an extra child. They chose not to pay and when they wanted a place I didnot have one. it was the risk they took.

forgot to put also that when I took T on he is a shift worker so didnt take retainers or anything for a full time space even though the days he came were different, i did this as i could take others on and work around t so not sure if i do do a retainer how i would work it as he didnt come days days etc.....this one is a difficult one...:panic: