PDA

View Full Version : Half fees

lynnslittleuns
26-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Morning all
I have a little girl who is having a few months off whilst her mum has a baby. Mum wants her place saving as she is coming back next year along with new baby.
I charge a slightly higher fee for this mindee in the school holidays than i do term time and now i cant decide what to charge as a retainer for when she's off as i said i would charge 50% of her fees.
Help please do i do an average or what ?

Thankyou.
Lynn xx

marleymoo
26-08-2011, 07:26 AM
i think i'd be inclined to go with half of the term time fee but this has never happened to me, parents have always still brought the child whilst on maternity leave so the child's routine is maintained. not saying i agree or disagree with this (couldn't have done it myself) but hey ho

The Juggler
26-08-2011, 07:33 AM
how old is she hon? to be honest, I think I'd probably not bother with a retainer for an afterschooler. But if you need to earn the money then I'd charge half of whatever you would normally charge each month, so lower half fee term time and higher half fee if it is october half term week.

lynnslittleuns
26-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for that ladies.

She is 4 years old and going into full time school when we go back in September xx

miffy
26-08-2011, 04:16 PM
But if you need to earn the money then I'd charge half of whatever you would normally charge each month, so lower half fee term time and higher half fee if it is october half term week.

This sounds a fair way of working it out - nice to be in the position where parent is happy to pay to secure the place!

Miffy xx

lynnslittleuns
27-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Spoken to mum and she is more then happy to pay 50% of the term time fees.

She is a lovely mum and virtually convinced me that i should be charging her something. :littleangel:

Thanks for your replies ladies.
Lynn xx

The Juggler
27-08-2011, 11:07 AM

She is a lovely mum and virtually convinced me that i should be charging her something. :littleangel:

Lynn xx

she sounds like a lovely mum hon. glad it's worked out.:)

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 12:39 PM

Lynn xx

i'm glad we have been of some use to you and it sounds as if you're going to enjoy a good partnership with this parent, x

lynnslittleuns
28-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Little girl has been coming to me since she was 7 months and is now 4 years old so i'm hoping that when her new baby brother arrives he will be with me for the same amount of time.

I'm quite lucky with most of my parents but this mum (and dad) are really lovely.

Thanks again everyone.
Lynn xx :)