PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: childcare register.

Fraggle1
25-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hiya!

On the childcare register is states the following:

Childminders and home childcarers must make the following information available to parents: information about the registration system for the voluntary part of the Childcare Register.

Do you literally just give them a copy of the childcare register?

Thanks

sarah707
25-08-2011, 07:57 PM
No you need to let parents know why you are registered on the CR, how it is different from the Eyfs and what it means to them :D

Fraggle1
25-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks Sarah - what is the best way of doing this? In abit of a letter? :) x

sarah707
25-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I have a series of information sheets in my portfolio and I hand them out as and when I get asked questions about things.

I have one about the childcare register which I print for parents of older children.

I am sure they read it carefully :D

Fraggle1
25-08-2011, 08:08 PM
lol thanks Sarah :) x

Fraggle1
25-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Me again Sarah :)

Righty, I've got it now. Basically the voluntary childcare register is for people just looking after children aged 8+. Because I am on the childcare reg. and the early years reg. my parents already have information, policies etc... and my mindee is only 18mths old. I've decided since becoming registered that I only want to look after early years and not 8+ apart from a little girl I look after before school. so, really...at this moment in time there is no more information to give to my parents other than what they already have...iykwim?

:) x

sarah707
25-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Absolutely! However should the situation change and you take on a school age child you would need to share info about the register.

There are a few differences - you need to inform parents about alternative care in case you cannot work and other things.

All designed to keep us on our toes :D