PDA

View Full Version : Childcare numbers query?

1984chelle
25-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I have been registered since October 10 and I am allowed 2 kids under 5 and 3 kids 5-8 as I have a 3 year old myself.

Some one inquired with me for PT care for their almost 4 year old from 7am till 9am monday to friday for the school run. However I have one family - with 3 kids who I have had for a while. One is almost 2 and is with me FT from 7.30am onwards, the other is almost 4 (ALL the kids birthdays are in October lol) and goes to preschool full time - again have from 7.30 till 9, a 6 year old 7.30 till 9 and my own who is almost 3 (again October lol) and she also goes to school 3 days a week.

So technically the one family plus mine make the 3 under 5...but do you think Ofsted would allow me to take on this other one - if I'm over the number for 1.30hrs each day - as they would all be leaving me bar one child after 8.45am to 9am? Advice please if poss xx

BuggsieMoo
25-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Personally I don't think they would as they only tend to allow a variation to your numbers for continuity of care - not for taking on a new child. You could try but I don't think it is very likely. If you do decide to ask, make sure you RA how you would keep them all safe on school runs etc and how your time with them will be spent. I've had a couple of variations but only for continuity of care and I had to provide these details.
Good luck.

1984chelle
25-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah I thought that might be the case, I mean I live literally across the path from my 3 local schools but I guess that 1.30hr each day will add up. I just thought about it because the client who was enquiring today - their kid is best friends with the middle one i look after and they go to school together, but just thought i would ask for advice x Thanks

gegele
25-08-2011, 09:25 PM
if the 4yrs old is in full time education then he counts as a 5-8yrs

so you could take new one on...as long as yours included you haven't got more than 6 under 8 and that famous 4 is at school

or did i get it all wrong lol?

jaja
26-08-2011, 08:22 AM
got to be full time school, i would ring ofsted you never know xxx

jane5
26-08-2011, 09:56 AM
if the 4yrs old is in full time education then he counts as a 5-8yrs

so you could take new one on...as long as yours included you haven't got more than 6 under 8 and that famous 4 is at school

or did i get it all wrong lol?

This child isnt 4 until October if I read it correctly and will only go up to next age group if in 10 sessions at school, not nursery or the equivalent