PDA

View Full Version : Feel a bit bad :-(

littleguy1
25-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I have a mindee who started with me at the beginning of the week. He's been winey all week (understandably) and today, the parents contacted me to say he had a poo in his nappy when they got home and his bum is really sore. Well, he could have pooed on the way home AND! When he poos, he don't smell! I'm going to have to check him all the time. If my ds fills his nappy, I can smell him at the other end of the house!! Lol.

Well i will just have to check all the time. Just feel a bit bad that he's got a poorly bum :-(

Mouse
25-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh dear. Do you do a nappy changing chart? I don't, but it might be worth doing one for this family, just so they can see how often you change mindee's nappy.

I also change all nappies just before children go home. I like to send them home with a fresh botty! But you can guarantee that at least one of them will have pooped in the couple of minutes between me changing them & parents arriving :rolleyes: I then change them again quickly while parents wait.

If I were you I would check mindee's nappy a few minutes before parents are due to arrive.

Also, do you use your own baby wipes or do parents supply their own. If you are using your own, it could be that mindee is getting a sore bum as he's not used to them.

khlwomitchell
25-08-2011, 07:51 PM
do you feed him your own food? if not then it's what the parent sent that did the soreness not 20mins in poo!

I hate wasting nappies. I'm not a eco warrier but each nappy is fit to bust before changing unless dirty!
My parent is happy with that so all's good but i have had one mum ask if i have a problem with changing her childs nappy. Well duh! it didn't need doing but some people will always do a after nap change so i'll be sure to mention it to any parent who visits.

my daughter + wheatabix= bleeding crater holes in her bum as it reacted with wee. so horrible!! Metanium en mass is my recommendation!

onceinabluemoon
25-08-2011, 08:02 PM
do you feed him your own food? if not then it's what the parent sent that did the soreness not 20mins in poo!

I hate wasting nappies. I'm not a eco warrier but each nappy is fit to bust before changing unless dirty!
My parent is happy with that so all's good but i have had one mum ask if i have a problem with changing her childs nappy. Well duh! it didn't need doing but some people will always do a after nap change so i'll be sure to mention it to any parent who visits.

my daughter + wheatabix= bleeding crater holes in her bum as it reacted with wee. so horrible!! Metanium en mass is my recommendation!

OMG are you serious? I'm shocked beyond belief that a childminder would leave a nappy on a child until it was hanging off them.

khlwomitchell
25-08-2011, 08:10 PM
don't get me wrong, not hanging off by the tabs, but full in the area they wee, boys front centre, girls middle.
I'll always be honest with parents and do what they want xx
I've shocked you, sorry:blush:

littleguy1
26-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Normally I do change him before he goes home but yesterday I lost his shoe at the shop so spent like an hour trying to find it. Then by the time we got home I needed to get tea on and it just slipped my mind. I kinda felt like the dad was trying to blame me for his soreness but I guess that's just something I'll get used to. This is all new to me!

newbie1512
26-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I change nappies every 2.5-3 hours unless there is a poo and that is done asap. Always done that with my own children and now I do it with mindees.

I wouldnt worry too much, as others have said its quite possible that mindee did it on the way home and I cant see how a bum can get that sore in a small amount of time

gegele
26-08-2011, 09:08 AM
is lo teething? as sometimes it gives them what i call acidic poo and it makes them sore really quickly. one of my mindee did it not long ago, couldn't have been in nappy more than 20min and he was really sore. lots of cream and check more frequently. :thumbsup:

it happens.

my dd used to do it after tuna as well.:thumbsup:

mr man
26-08-2011, 09:42 AM
i have a mindee who has filled her nappy and is made her bottom litrally raw and red lke very bad sun burn.
it happened for time at home, and parents told me her bottom was really sore.
then it happened here and my goodness it litraly burned her skin.

its happened thrrre times now and paretns are trying to figure out what it is, must definalty be something shes eaten. lucky for me parents send in all food.

karensmart4
26-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I had a parent write on her questionaire on 'anything you would like to add' that we don't change nappies as often as we should as her lo often went home with a sore bottom :eek:

We have a nappy change chart as 2/3 of us work together and I find its better to have the changes documented rather than asking each other all day, we also write each change into the lo's daily diary.... I pointed out to the parent that her lo only came for 4 hours and as she can see in the diary she gets changed a min of twice and I said I think thats sufficiant in such a short time :rolleyes:

One of our parents supplied 'cheap' nappies and they caused a rash, once she changed the make the lo was ok except when teething.

So I would say, make sure you document nappy changes and I know its not always pos but check the nappy of all your lo's 10/15 mins before they get picked up :)

francinejayne
26-08-2011, 06:46 PM
don't get me wrong, not hanging off by the tabs, but full in the area they wee, boys front centre, girls middle.
I'll always be honest with parents and do what they want xx
I've shocked you, sorry:blush:

I think it is fine to change nappies when they need changing - when they are dirty or full! Nappies nowadays are made to withhold the moisture, so I don't see the problem. I happily let my son wear the same nappy all through the night - I don't see the difference during daylight?! I think it's a waste to change a nappy just because a 3 hour time lapse has passed if it doesn't need changing!!

khlwomitchell
26-08-2011, 06:52 PM
I think it is fine to change nappies when they need changing - when they are dirty or full! Nappies nowadays are made to withhold the moisture, so I don't see the problem. I happily let my son wear the same nappy all through the night - I don't see the difference during daylight?! I think it's a waste to change a nappy just because a 3 hour time lapse has passed if it doesn't need changing!!

thanks, sometimes opinions are so split. My aunt once showed me the amount of fluid a nappy can hold, its astounding! I may google it, i like knowing interesting facts!
xxx Kelly

Mamma4Ya
27-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Its worth checking their diet as too much salt in their food can cause botty burns and no amount of changing helps until the salt is illiminated.

I can remember my eldest who is now 28yrs old having terrible sore botty, and was horrified :eek: to find it was the ready break she she was having for breakfast that did it, I didnt think of looking to check the salt content in it. :o Weetabix did the same thing :(

Lincsminder
27-08-2011, 07:34 PM
my own were in cloth so changed every time they were wet, those in disposables are changed every couple of hours as you cant always tell as soon as the have wee'd. I would not want a child lying down or wondering around with a nappy with wee in it thats gross so as soon as I notice nappy is wet it is changed.