PDA

View Full Version : How to tell parents

munch149
25-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm pregnant. Not quite 12 weeks but the parents have recommended me to a friend and don't want to take her on without telling her so now feel the time has come to tell all my parents. I don't want them to freak out as I don't plan on taking a long maternity leave bit at the same time if my assistant plan doesn't work out I may have to lose one plus the new one I was recommended to (only wants one day). How did others go about telling parents

Minstrel
25-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I worked out my exact plans in case any of them had questions before telling them- and I was 18 weeks before we told anyone including family! I just invoted them in at collection time and told them then. It worked out very well for me though as i was due 5th September and so i worked to the end of the summer hols.

Congratulations and good luck with telling them all. x

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 06:34 PM
i would follow the same procedure for notice we have to give to our employers (when we were employed, back in the day). look this up as i'm sure it will have changed since i was employed and pregnant. there is a certain stage of your pregnancy you have to tell them when you intend to leave. don't do anything rash. follow the correct procedure and you will be able to earn right up to maternity leave, tell parents now and you run the risk of earning NOTHING up to maternity leave if they decide to look for alternative care. how about using another registered childminder to work with you from your home? perhaps a new one who has no mindees of his/her own yet.