PDA

View Full Version : Summer Holidays

Bluebell
25-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Have been having a fantastic summer holidays! we have been having so much fun! We've been really lucky with the weather! What has everyone else been up to? Whats been your favourite day?
My 2 are back to school pre-school soon and I've got spaces when 2 of the minded children go back to pre-school so would like to fill them! will be very quiet otherwise!

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 05:04 PM
ARE YOU FOR REAL?

sarah707
25-08-2011, 05:15 PM
we've had a lovely holiday so far too! The children have been great and the weather hasn't been that bad oooop north!

I think the south have had it a lot worse :(

I am ready for them to go back to school though so I can get back in my routine with the little ones :D

boageymonster
25-08-2011, 05:24 PM
ARE YOU FOR REAL?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
thats made my day lol.
i have actually really enjoyed these holidays too, its been my first summer hols as a childminder and ive been really busy, have had 9 kids some days ( 4 of which are mine) my fav moments so far have been a trip to sunderland winter gardens and a sand castle competition on the beach :) although the weather has been pants
ive just loved having the older children and theyve been really complimentry of me to saying to there parents that this has been the best summer theyve had :blush:

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 05:35 PM
MY FAVOURITE DAY OF THE SUMMER HOLS? SEPTEMBER THE 5TH!

mushpea
25-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I have loved these holidays too, its been very quiet here with just the under 5's and if I could afford it i would keep it this way forever cause its so much easier and less stressful:D , am seriously considering only taking on term time only schoolies but worried how much buisness I would loose through it

lorraine04
25-08-2011, 07:25 PM
I have to say that for me this school hols have gone so fast!, We have done so much and i've been so busy with 3 over 8's i'll actually miss it when they do back to school!
On the subject of over 8's... We were recently playing rugby rounders on our local field and a few of the local boys saw how much fun we were having and wanted to join in. I said no and felt mean lol, Mainly because i like my attention to be focused only on the children i am responsible for...Would anybody else have allowed them to play?

BlondeMoment
25-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I've spent sooo much money!!!!
Weather in Essex has been really wet and chilly so we've been doing lots of indoor play centres and the like. Would love just one hot day so we can go to the seaside or something "summery"

I've enjoyed having them all around but am definately ready to see them go back. I'm exhausted and they're all getting on each other's nerves. Had a rant yesterday about being fed up if you've seen my recent post lol

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 07:31 PM
i would have yes

Bluebell
04-09-2011, 11:12 AM
I would have let them play too - you don't become responsible for them but it gives the children you are with to mix with other children in their local community.