PDA

View Full Version : My head is so jumbled with everything!!!

charleeboo
25-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Argh!!! Dont know where to start.

Im in the pre-reg stages, attended CYPOP5 lessons and done most of the work. Im doing my first aid in Sept (there was a venue mix up when I shouldve done it) and have had a phonecall from my childminding co-ordinator in my area to do a pre-ofsted inspection visit. What is this for? Is it to make sure I have everything in place for my visit?
I am intending to use a separate room as the play room but have not got it done yet, will I have to get everything in place ready for this?
What policies and procedures do I have to have in place?

Also, I am a bit worried about my CRB, well, not my own but my partners. He has a colourful past and had been done for ABH over 10 years ago. Will this affect me being able to childmind? I am intending to use him as my emergency back up.

Lea-mumof2 :)
25-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Im at same stage as u so didn't want to read and run .. Ive read in other posts about peoples partners having similar offences and it seems that they have been initially given a disqualification but then applied to ofsted for a waiver I'm not 100% to what extent they will waiver but I wouldn't worry at this stage , also with regards to the co-ordinator they don't do this in my area but again I have read of others having this and it is just to prepare u xxxxxx

Hope all goes well keep us posted :o

charleeboo
25-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the reply. I dont really feel I know what Im doing :panic:

Lea-mumof2 :)
25-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Thank you for the reply. I dont really feel I know what Im doing :panic:

There is a thread on this page about waiver & disqualification Im still confuzzled theres so much to know and do especailly where the EYFS is concerned Im still trying to get hold of a pack :( Think this site is the best place to ask anything u are unsure of there are also free downloads one being preparing for your pre -reg visit this is gpod to go through xxxxxx:group hug: :group hug: :group hug:

charleeboo
25-08-2011, 01:13 PM
You can download the EYFS pack but with the budget cuts, they arent sending anything out. Think they are reviewing it as well.

This is where you can get it from: -

https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/DCSF-00261-2008

I got mine from attending the course our Local Authority does (its a printout of a downloaded version so not colour coded). Your local authority could provide you with it, it might be worth getting in touch with your local early years team