PDA

View Full Version : 2 days left with screamer!!

maryp0ppins
25-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Today and tomorrow & that's it I'm done.....9 months with only a little change in behavior but still constantly crying over silly things like 'me not allowing her to drink from other peoples beakers, other LO's getting to the buggy first, screaming to have the nursery songs on & as soon as the song ends or we move onto next activity having a 40 min tantrum, crying extremely loud if I so much as attempt to pick another LO up....& most recently screaming with a frowned face if I tell her not to hit me as it's not nice......so she then goes to another member to try & hit them or if no one near throwing my toys on the floor.....

Sorry to go on but it's just gonna be so much more chilled :thumbsup:

Good news also, I've had 2 inquiries and 1 is a definite and the other is coming to see me next week :thumbsup: so all but 1 day filled from screamer :clapping:

JCrakers
25-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Fab news.... You will definitley notice a change in your stress levels and enjoyment of your job

I tried my little one again after a 8m break but to tell you the truth it didnt look good. Ive agreed to do a couple of fridays to see how we go on and if it continues Im not taking her back on...Sad but I remember how bad it was.

Hope your looking forward to the future
Becky x

The Juggler
25-08-2011, 07:17 AM
oh hon, I'm so relieved for you. I know that it won't be easy for her or her parents to resettle her but you cannot work like that!

Helly Belly
25-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Hiya,
I've mindered a lo for over a yr, 3 times a week and had 5 good days so far, i do make a point of saying thanks for a good day, but only had to say it 5 times :( . Mum said the other day that she thought the terrible two's had arrived i was so close to saying i think she was born with them, talked behaviour over mum and she blames the father! i spoke to dad and he says he pampers to her very whim and isnt going to change!

maryp0ppins
25-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Oh dear helly belly things probably wont get much better for you then.

Yes my stress levels will be back to normal :D .

They went to buy new shoes for her last night after here, she came this morning in what I thought were the same pair. Dad told me she demanded she had the same pair and screamed the shop down when they were showing her other styles so they bought the exact same pair in the next size up..........:panic: Honestly who is in charge LO is 17 months old :laughing:

Little thing like that make me realize I don't think she is likely to change anytime soon & god help the nursery she is starting at next Tuesday which has 14 other LO's.

JCrakers
25-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh dear helly belly things probably wont get much better for you then.

Yes my stress levels will be back to normal :D .

They went to buy new shoes for her last night after here, she came this morning in what I thought were the same pair. Dad told me she demanded she had the same pair and screamed the shop down when they were showing her other styles so they bought the exact same pair in the next size up..........:panic: Honestly who is in charge LO is 17 months old :laughing:

Little thing like that make me realize I don't think she is likely to change anytime soon & god help the nursery she is starting at next Tuesday which has 14 other LO's.

OMG...can you imagine when shes older...she will be demanding stuff and they wont be able to do a thing about it....:rolleyes:

Ripeberry
25-08-2011, 01:14 PM
OMG...can you imagine when shes older...she will be demanding stuff and they wont be able to do a thing about it....:rolleyes:

I'll scream and scream until I'm sick!!

They sound scared of their own child. Now if it was MY child, I would just let her scream, tantrum (in safety) and then only talk to them when they calmed down.

It's all learnt behaviour, and some kids do have that certain 'pitch' to their screaming that scares adults :panic:

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 02:56 PM
oh god what an absolute horror. how have you coped for this long? you must deserve some kind of reward for that, surely.
you must have woken up dreading every single day of having this little monster. there's no way on earth i could have lasted longer than the settling in period! life's just too flaming short.

maryp0ppins
26-08-2011, 06:56 AM
oh god what an absolute horror. how have you coped for this long? you must deserve some kind of reward for that, surely.
you must have woken up dreading every single day of having this little monster. there's no way on earth i could have lasted longer than the settling in period! life's just too flaming short.

I think me never giving notice before + being a little scared to do it (put it off a few times).....

I said to myself she will change/this is how we do things here & she at some point will get used to it.....BUT as you hear my moaning threads she never did.

What an awful week we have all had due to the constant demands, screams & crying.....I feel awful for her because none of the children like her which is really really sad but as awful as it sounds I do see why even being THE adult.

Today is the last I will ever have to hear that ear piercing screaming cry....I feel like my lotto numbers have come up :laughing:

Next week is gonna be brilliant I just know it :thumbsup:

marleymoo
26-08-2011, 07:15 AM
when i got rid of a mindee like this the whole setting breathed a sigh of relief, my co-worker, the other mindees, my hubby and even the building itself i think. i had been so wound up at the end of the day that i must have been unbearable to live with. just not worth it, always get rid ASAP

marleymoo
26-08-2011, 07:16 AM
and yes, next week IS going to be brill!!!

Mamma4Ya
26-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Wonderful news, sounds like you made the right decision :clapping:

miffy
26-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Have you finished yet?

Bet you'll be celebrating tonight! :D

Miffy xx

maryp0ppins
26-08-2011, 04:36 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah

Thats it all done.............................mum was lovely and said I needed a medal for coping this long as she knows what she is like & she too would not cope with another child to look after let alone all the others I mind( :eek: now she tells me)

But I no longer have to worry about it any more.......

Celebrating by going round my friends house tonight also a CM who has been by me step by step listening to my moans & drinking a glass of wine or 4 :blush:

Thanks to everyone who has listened to me & advised me.....

As they say Onwards & Upwards :jump for joy: :clapping: :D :happy banana: :so happy: :cheerleader:

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 12:04 PM
sooo pleased for you!:thumbsup: