PDA

View Full Version : 5yr old wee'd in my dressing up outfit!

Cinderbella
24-08-2011, 06:51 PM
my 5 yr old mindee keeps weeing himself.... he says he doesnt know hes doing it but I know he's just being lazy, mum also says the same.

He has had one of my pirate suits on today and has wee'd in it , not the first time, he wee'd in one of my other suits a little while ago

I have tried telling him to go to the toilet but it doesn't make a difference its just one of the many things he does for attention, how would you deal with this??

margaret
24-08-2011, 07:11 PM
If it has been ruled out as not a medical problem and he doesnt do this at school ,i would take him to the toilet half hour after drinks ,more if necessary.Not give him a choice,its probably not that he is lazy he is just engrossed in play or possibly needs more one to one or tired.There must be reasons why he is attention seeking ,

Zumba-mum
24-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh dear not good. Could u talk to mum and mayb say to the minde if he doesn't know what he's doing then he will have to go see the doctor to find out whats going on? My ds is almost 5 and he too can be lazy leaving it till the last min to use the loo and i have found saying that does help, i also told him the doc would be very cross if its because him being lazy. Hope you can sort this out.

nokidshere
25-08-2011, 08:26 AM
my 5 yr old mindee keeps weeing himself.... he says he doesnt know hes doing it but I know he's just being lazy, mum also says the same.

He has had one of my pirate suits on today and has wee'd in it , not the first time, he wee'd in one of my other suits a little while ago

I have tried telling him to go to the toilet but it doesn't make a difference its just one of the many things he does for attention, how would you deal with this??

My first thought on reading that is how do you know its just him being lazy? The fact that he says he doesn't know he is doing it would make me want to rule that out first.

If it is indeed that he just holds on too long then I would instigate set toilet times and take him to the toilet every hour or half hour depending on how frequently he is doing it.

I have a little girl - also 5 - who wriggles and squirms until its too late. After a few accidents I now ensure she goes to the toilet every hour. She moans about having to go and often says she doesn't need to but always does something when she is there. I tell her that I will have to make her go every hour until she learns to recognise when she needs to go and goes herself without prompting.

Hopefully, as she matures, she will realise that going when she needs to is preferable to being sent every hour by me.

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 03:27 PM
If it has been ruled out as not a medical problem and he doesnt do this at school ,i would take him to the toilet half hour after drinks ,more if necessary.Not give him a choice,its probably not that he is lazy he is just engrossed in play or possibly needs more one to one or tired.There must be reasons why he is attention seeking ,

i agree with all of the above. still, it is a flaming nuisance isn't it? :censored: little :censored:

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 03:29 PM
of course :censored: little :censored: means poor little thing :littleangel:

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 03:31 PM
i'm not gloating or anything (much) but am i the only one who finished at 2? hehe

loocyloo
25-08-2011, 04:04 PM
i'm not gloating or anything (much) but am i the only one who finished at 2? hehe

i finished at 12 !!:laughing: and just signed contracts for a new schoolie ...a whole 1 1/2hrs a week !!!! :rolleyes:

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 04:46 PM
i finished at 12 !!:laughing: and just signed contracts for a new schoolie ...a whole 1 1/2hrs a week !!!! :rolleyes:

HMMM....ART THOU DARING TO BE MORE SMUG THAN I? LOL. I'VE JUST SIGNED UP 2 NEW FAMILIES TODAY TOO SO BIG YEY TO US HEHE

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 04:47 PM
1.5 HRS PER WEEK?
HEY, I TAKE THAT BACK, YOU HAVE NO GROUNDS TO BE SMUG AT ALL LOL