PDA

View Full Version : fed up

BlondeMoment
24-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone.
Does anyone else ever feel really fed up sometimes? Sick of repeating yourself 100 times a day and doing the same boring routines and constantly clearing up. Parents who can't be bothered to pay you on time and tantrums at the end of every day when they go home - some of mine are picked up late cos parents commute to London. Fed up of all the space all the childcare equipment takes up. :(
Sorry, just feel like a moan. Summer hols been a wash out so far :( Nothing but rain

Bananabrain
24-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Yup, that's exactly how I feel today.
All of the above really:laughing:
Good to know I'm not alone!

caz3007
24-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I just want my house back, but cant see it happening for at least another 4 years. I enjoy the job, but dont enjoy it taking over our home

cs01
24-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Do you ever get fed up of pretending to slurp cups of tea out of mini plastic cups? I know I do! ;)

sarah707
24-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I hope tomorrow is better :D

jane5
24-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I think I am going to change my name, I am so fed up of hearing it this week ;)

boxtree7
24-08-2011, 06:49 PM
yes - im still clearing up conservatory followed by kitchen

marleymoo
24-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Do you ever get fed up of pretending to slurp cups of tea out of mini plastic cups? I know I do! ;)

lol, does get monotonous doesn't it?

marleymoo
24-08-2011, 06:54 PM
I just want my house back, but cant see it happening for at least another 4 years. I enjoy the job, but dont enjoy it taking over our home

i think this is when we know we've had enough. i know i have

Cinderbella
24-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I think its these holidays. They are soo long and you have the bigger ones to entertain too so you dont get any sit down time at all during the day because they dont have a nap! I feel like im neglecting the little ones cos the bigger ones require sooo much attention, its one thing after another !

I love my job but have had enough of these holidays, Cant wait to get back into my normal routine! 2 more days for me then I have a week off .... THANK GOD :D

Chimps Childminding
24-08-2011, 06:59 PM
As all above!!!! My sons are now 18 and 20 and i have been minding since they were 5! I would love my house back, it is getting more and more taken over by childminding!! BUT I don't know what else I want to do :(

Worked in an office till I had the boys but can't see me going back to doing that and to be honest the money is hard to match, especially as I am nearly 50 (January) and don't really want to work full time :rolleyes:

Hoping it will be easier when the schooies go back! Finding it hard keeping all ages entertained especially days when its wet!!

Kiddleywinks
24-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I think I am going to change my name, I am so fed up of hearing it this week ;)

LOL I remember my mum, one school holiday, fed up of hearing me and my younger brother fighting, arguing, whingeing and whining, turning round after yet another cry of 'Muuuuuuuummmmmmm' shouting at us:
'I'm not your mother....... I'm your Auntie!!!'

Several stunned moments later, both of us piped up 'Auntiiieee Maaarrryyyyy'

We all dissolved :laughing:

Hope you feel better soon

boxtree7
24-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes me to ... this has got to be the longest week ever. We went to the play area today only there 5 minutes and a group of 40 children from local childrens centre came with 5 staff and took over the play area. I ended up telling their kids to stop going up the slides and stop pushing past while the kids are trying to get acoss the log. the staff just stood there ... We then went across to under 5's playground and there was about 7 kids from the children's centre - My children waited all week for todays treat. I have just got two floors to mop and bins out for tomorrow then bed .. up again at 6.30am. My days just roll into one long day.

sdean
24-08-2011, 08:49 PM

That really tickled me - I must do that dozens of times a day! Could be worse though we could have a boss telling us what to do and when etc!

The Juggler
24-08-2011, 09:01 PM

:laughing: :laughing: that did make me laugh. before 0900 this morning I think I'd had 20 plates of pretend meals and at least 4 cups of pretend tea :laughing:

Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow x

khlwomitchell
24-08-2011, 09:05 PM
was it raining today for you? that never helps!

Odd job isn't it. Best job in the world some days when you love the routine and the happy kids and then the next day you can't stand the sight of the thomas trains on the floor AGAIN. or them asking when snack time is a 9am.
tommorrow may be a good day?
Happy thoughts to you! x

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I think its these holidays. They are soo long and you have the bigger ones to entertain too so you dont get any sit down time at all during the day because they dont have a nap! I feel like im neglecting the little ones cos the bigger ones require sooo much attention, its one thing after another !

I love my job but have had enough of these holidays, Cant wait to get back into my normal routine! 2 more days for me then I have a week off .... THANK GOD :D

oh don't get me started on the bigger ones - they're a nightmare! i spend ages setting up wii, getting sports equipment out and planning a sports day with scoring sheet etc, giant jenga, dominoes, lawn darts etc and what do they do not 5 minutes later? come in and hang round me, getting under my feet and generally sapping the life out of me. i'm seriously thinking about binning all my over 8's from january

BlondeMoment
25-08-2011, 07:07 PM
LOL! Well all your replies have really cheered me up so thank you
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Today has been a little better. I'm just soo worn out! It is so hard keeping all the different age groups entertained through the summer holiday. My lot range from 2 to 9! Lots of squabbling going on and big ones winding up the little ones! AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yeah I do get tired of pretending to drink from the plastic cups (LOL! Love that!) But more than anything I'm driven slowly mad by reading the same stories over and over.
The amount of times we have to read Topsy and Tim go to the Seaside!!!!

Our job is so monotonous! Same conversations, same questions asked every day!

I do love my job. I just wish I had an assistant or someone around, just so I get an adult conversation at some point in the day LOL.

I think another of my problems is the size of my house. I have a tiny hall, small lounge and kitchen downstairs, and two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. My hubby and I don't have any kids of our own yet but it feels like we do cos there is children's stuff everywhere! Would be so nice to have just one extra room where I can keep the bulk of it all and shut the door on it when work is over. It is very hard to seperate work and home in this job.

Need a holiday lol