PDA

View Full Version : Health Declaration referred to Health Management Ltd

mandyv
24-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of registering to be a child minder - CRB checks done, First aid course completed and OFSTED visiting me next thursday, then 2 courses in September.

I had a letter form OFSTED today saying they are seeking further advice form our medical screening suppliers. I had to send my cosent on a form in the post for them to do this.

When my son was born 4 years ago I suffered/suffer from post natal depression and have been taking the lowest dose (50mg) of citalopram anti depressant since then.

Should I be worried about my application?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mandy

sue71
24-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi Mandy, I had been on citralopram for about 11 months came off them a year ago. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to become a childminder, but my Dr reassured me and some people on this site put my mind at rest too. I have my pre-reg visit yesterday and she asked me about it and she was so lovely saying about how many people actually do take anti-depressants and how much better it is to ask for help rather than suffer. She also said it wouldn't affect my application. I'm sure that there won't be a problem, may just take a little longer to process. Try not to worry. Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm sure someone will be along with more advice soon. Take care and good luck. xx

Please help
25-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi

I have had the same letter and I am also on citalophram have been on and off for 10 years.
I cant offer any advice as im in the same boat as you but just wanted to let you know I know how you feel.
I have mine next Thursday and im really nervous dont know why as its so common apparently but im still concerened it could cause a problem.
I really hope all goes well for you.
Let me know how you get on please thanksx

onceinabluemoon
25-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I had the same thing, also for PND, but I didn't have medication. Mine was fine too. They phoned me up and interviewed me over the phone.

mandyv
01-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Mrs O just left - really impressed with everything - policies,setting,risk assessment - said she was happy to register me straight away with no recommendations. I can have 6 under eights. Really pleased - just need to chase up health management Ltd now, although she said not to worry about this.:)

Lea-mumof2 :)
01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I have my visit monday but today got the same letter :( I am on sertraline and on my health dec it stated that I overdosed in 2002 but I didnt I did do a post on this :(( I hope all is ok what does the health managment team do ?

Lea xxx

miffy
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Mrs O just left - really impressed with everything - policies,setting,risk assessment - said she was happy to register me straight away with no recommendations. I can have 6 under eights. Really pleased - just need to chase up health management Ltd now, although she said not to worry about this.:)

Glad it went well for you.

Miffy xx

mandyv
07-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Chased up Ofsted as i havent received my certificate - they said they are still waiting to hear back from health management ltd. I called them and my health dec was still in their pile of work. They said i need to make an appointment to see them at a local centre and earliest appointment is the 22nd September.

Really annoyed as i have 2 full time mindees lined up that i may lose as will be waiting until end of the month now!:angry: