PDA

View Full Version : just got my first phone call

Loz74
24-08-2011, 05:11 PM
i have just had a phone call from a mum who is looking for childcare at the weekends which i am happy to do but it is not ever weekend as she works shifts ( in the raf )
my prices are £4 p h for the sat and £6 ph for sundays
but as it is not every weekend
i am not sure what to charge her
i was thinking just charge her for the weekend that i have him or a set amount for the month
what would u all do

cs01
24-08-2011, 05:53 PM
That seems very cheap for weekend work but I don't know what the average charges are for your area so it may just be the going rate. As it's weekend work, I would just charge for the hours required, as long as you know in advance what the shift pattern is. I would see the days off as a bonus and not wish to charge a retainer for them.

Zumba-mum
24-08-2011, 07:30 PM
:eek: that is well cheap for wkend work. Most people i know charge £6-8hr . I charge £6-7 just for baby sitting and most the time the kids are sleeping. I would really think about this waht about if you have been working all wk then to have to work the wkend. Good luck :thumbsup:

Loz74
24-08-2011, 07:48 PM
she has ask me to do 13hr each day so i did not wont to charge to much
but i do know that she can not find anyone to do it
she is comming tomorrow to see me and relly dont no what todo
i dont mind having him as i am hoping he will just fit into what we are doing as a family

miffy
24-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I'd wait and see how you feel when you've met the child - to give up your family time at the weekend then you really need to see if you think this child will fit into whatever your family is doing. It might be OK but it could easily be a nightmare!

Those are long days too especially if you are needed both Saturday and Sunday. Think about what your charges will cover too - weekend work usually costs more, what meals will you have to provide? will you charge extra for them? what about trips out, will mum be happy to fund these on top of your fees?

Miffy xx

Loz74
24-08-2011, 08:33 PM
thank you all i think i am going to wait to meet them

miffy
24-08-2011, 08:41 PM
thank you all i think i am going to wait to meet them

Good luck - let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

The Juggler
24-08-2011, 08:54 PM
good luck with it hon, but tbh I agree with the others. My weekend rate would be at least double my normal rate and more for Sundays probably. Family time is too precious :panic:

If it were me, I'd use a white lie and say dh had kicked off and insisted that weekend rate was double normal rate or he'd not entertain the idea of you working it. ;)