PDA

View Full Version : Emergencies

JCrakers
24-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I have been reading threads on this and now Im more confused than when I started. I have a plan of action if an accident occurs at home, hubby or neighbour or childminder down the road.

But if I am out at the park and a child has a serious accident I would phone an ambulance (I dont have a car)
If I had other children with me and hubby was working (he works 90miles away 3 days a week) I wouldnt be able to go in the ambulance? Would I let the child go on their own and get the parents to meet the child at the hospital. Not having a car means I wouldnt be able to get to the hospital at all. I wouldnt be able to follow the ambulance.
The A&E is 20miles away so a taxi would be more than £20 and I'd have no car seats anyway. Depending on what time of day it is I would have to collect my dd from school.
I hope it never happens but I can imagine flapping about with no one to rely on. I have no family around and all my friends work. I could ask a neighbour to sit with the children in the house but not collect kids from me at the park.

Becky

sarah707
24-08-2011, 05:01 PM
You have to write what would work for you in an emergency situation.

So if there's no way you could go to the hospital with a child (or get back!) then say that in your emergency plan.

Instead say you will phone an ambulance, make the child comfortable, make every effort to contact parents etc.

Also mention that you carry emergency permission forms with you at all times which note parents wishes if their child is picked up by ambulance or treated.

Hth :D