PDA

View Full Version : Children biting problem

Nessy
24-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Hiya, could anyone tell me any tip of stopping a 16month baby biting other children? :)

sarah707
24-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Carry out a series of observations first to see if there is any clue why the child is biting... then you can support him by eg offering food if it's when he is hungry or an earlier sleep.

If the biting is very bad the child might need shadowing for a few days and removing from all biting situations... but try the obs first.

Good luck :D

The Juggler
24-08-2011, 09:06 PM
good advice from Sarah. Keep a teething ring on hand and watch for frustrations

khlwomitchell
24-08-2011, 09:14 PM
had one of those, with my eldest at the same age.
It may be that person too, if they get a good reaction.
I just picked up biter and move them from play area and comforted the bitten child.
Often it's frustration, cant get toy so bites. it does pass but you will need to stick like glue to them in new places or where there are sensative parents x

mrs coops
25-08-2011, 08:21 AM
My own dd used to bite another mindee but only the one after watching her for a few day's it was when said mindee used to scream at her ( a very ear piercing scream as well) once i had stopped the screaming the biting stopped to good luck hun x

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Hiya, could anyone tell me any tip of stopping a 16month baby biting other children? :)

simples...stop the baby from coming.

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 03:33 PM
tape up mouth with gaffer tape? RA first tho, make sure it doesn't go over nostrils.;)

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 03:35 PM
also, do an allergy patch test first to check child is not allergic to the adhesive. rectangular red blistered patch across face and rectangular bald strip across back of head would be a dead give-away. be warned. lol:D