PDA

View Full Version : Greater London Regional committee forum

JennyM
23-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I have had an Email from the NCMA inviting me to a commitee forum meeting in Septmeber. I have never been to anything like this before.

Do any of you go to these things? Are any of you going? Are they necessary?

Thank you!

rickysmiths
23-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Jenny.

I go to my regional Forum Meetings as often as I can. It is a way to meet other childminders.

The most important thing is that at each meeting your Regional policy forum members come along with a topic that NCMA are looking into. They ask for your comments so you have a direct say in Policy making which can help to make a difference to all childminders wether they are NCMA members or not.

You can also give them individual feedback on any issues you may be having and they will take these back to NCMA as well.

Also there tend to be good workshops and or good speakers on different topics depending on what has been arranged. Again you can often put in a request to the committee as to what you might want as a workshop eyc.

They are run by working childminders for childminders.

The Juggler
23-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I have had an Email from the NCMA inviting me to a commitee forum meeting in Septmeber. I have never been to anything like this before.

Do any of you go to these things? Are any of you going? Are they necessary?

Thank you!

Jenny M when is the next one? I need to renew my NCMA membership so might do it if it means I can go along. Be nice to meet you too :thumbsup:

Penny1959
23-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Jenny

I go to them in my area - West Midlands - in fact I have just become chair of West Mids

Rickysmiths summary is spot on.

If you go to the ncma website and log into your MY NCMA page (you need your log in details) you will be able to find more details and a booking form. You can also look at the details of the forums in other areas (take a look at West Mids - as I have added an introduction letter which says a bit more about why I started going to forums)

Greater London area are having a visit from the Department for Rducation to gather views of the revised EYFS - so a good one to go to.

If you are unable to get to your local forum - and want to express an opinion on the revised EYFS - PM me - as I along with other NCMA volunteers have been invited to meet with the DfE on Sept 10th :D

And any West Midlands NCMA members reading this - please get in touch with me - as would love to see some new faces.

Penny :)

JennyM
23-08-2011, 09:20 PM
The Juggler, it is on Saturday 17th September. Let me know if you decide to go!

Thanks ricky and Penny, I will have a look on my page.

I think I will be brave and go along.:eek:

The Juggler
23-08-2011, 10:17 PM
oh poo, that's my anniversary weekend :(. I'm gonna renew membership in September anyhow though so will def. be at the spring meeting hon.

Penny1959
24-08-2011, 05:05 AM
The Juggler, it is on Saturday 17th September. Let me know if you decide to go!

Thanks ricky and Penny, I will have a look on my page.

I think I will be brave and go along.:eek:

:clapping:

Do go along - even though Juggler can't make it - you will meet other people and soon get chatting.

The Juggler
24-08-2011, 07:11 AM
:clapping:

Do go along - even though Juggler can't make it - you will meet other people and soon get chatting.

you def. should, I've been before and it's really good to get along there :thumbsup: