PDA

View Full Version : Planning

phoebe-alice
23-08-2011, 08:58 AM
It has rolled back round to self assessment time and I still haven't managed to get into written planning :panic: I do it for a few weeks and then it usually just fizzles out as most of the time with the young ones they will want to do something else. :laughing:

But I just wondered if any of you lovely people have any planning sheets or ways of doing it? As I just can't find a way that I like and really want it sorted soon.

JCrakers
23-08-2011, 09:16 AM
THis is something I have never got my head around. I am a spur of the moment kinda person. I have tried to plan activities but when it comes to the day either the child is ill/away/or doesnt want to do it.
I do craft every weds and i only decide what were doing about an hr before. I dont write anything down but just take a photo of the finished project, write on the back what area of EYFS it covered and pop it in a folder. This is the way I do it and I dont know what Ofsted will say :rolleyes:

Its so hard as a childminder to plan as we only have a small amount of children and if something happens on the day things change so quickly..

My observations have a next stage area on where I do write what im going to do next in regards to the observation I made. So if the child is playing in the sand with the dinosaurs and asks what the dinosaur is then next stage would be looking at different dinosaurs/names, making dinosaur pictures/sculptures, could link it to colours, making a house for the dinosaurs/role play

Ofsted are due soon so we'll see what they say

Becky

karensmart4
23-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I do a 'rough plan'.

I think about who's here on what days, think about what each child enjoys, than jot down Mon; Messy play Tues; Trip to xxxx, Weds; Build dens, etc.

I don't plan for the whole day but if we are staying at my setting we have; Freeplay... 10 am, tidy up then a story, rhymes, songs, any news and a snack, after this we have our planned activity where children join in if they want to, this usually leads on to tidy up and lunch at 12.00.

After lunch we have nap/ chill out time. Then freeplay. 2.00 2.30ish we have a small snack for the lo's then we go with the flow.... cutting, gluing, colouring, aqua draw etc.

I take photos stick them on an A4 sheet and put a simple evaluation at the bottom. I keep these in a file to look back on for inspiration and to show Ofsted etc.

sarah707
23-08-2011, 04:46 PM
a lot of planning will be around your routine as karensmart says.

A lot can be written down after the event as well.

The most important thing to show is that you are meeting children's individual needs, so you are observing, assessing and planning for their interests, likes, dislikes etc.

Hth :D

marleymoo
23-08-2011, 06:42 PM
It has rolled back round to self assessment time and I still haven't managed to get into written planning :panic: I do it for a few weeks and then it usually just fizzles out as most of the time with the young ones they will want to do something else. :laughing:

But I just wondered if any of you lovely people have any planning sheets or ways of doing it? As I just can't find a way that I like and really want it sorted soon.

if you want to keep it fairly simple to start you off, how about writing brief obs (just enuf to fit on a sticky address label) for each child. type out a very simple planning sheet with a planned adult led activity for each of the 6 areas of learning. laminate it and write on your activities in a dry wipe pen. just wipe it clean for the next week. if you didn't get round to doing one of the activities, keep that on your sheet and just add the other 5. i'm not saying it's perfect but it's a gentle start.;)