PDA

View Full Version : CRB & 1st mindee - already :)

littlewonders
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi all, hope you are all well on this beautiful day! :D

Anyway sorry I have not been on for a while has few internet probs.

So here's an update: CRB is on its way, well mine is, hubbys is with the police so hopefully won't be to long....I understand I get a copy of mine and OH then OFSTED also get a copy? Now am I right in thinking I will not get my certificate until hubby's has come back?

Also - Mindee!!! I have had an enquiry from a mum who is single and a full time nurse with crazy shifts! She wants me to have her son mornings 6:30 - 7:30 am - then take him over to nursery (which is directly across the road to me) then pick him up 5:30 and have him until 9:30 (which is fine with me and I am registering for overnight care) but its not the same hours everyday, it shift work and could be an early/late or both.
I have said I will charge £3.00 an hour for my normal hours (which is 6:30 am - 6:30pm) then £4.00ph after 6pm. Does this sound reasonable? Also she may need me sat/sun which would be 12pm - 9:30pm and I have said I will charge £35 but I think the reaction from her with these charges was that I was being a little expensive? Also she is paying the private nursery so I feel sorry for her really (I know, I know I need to be stong lol)

Now another big question she needs me as soon as! like now. Am I allowed to look after him and not charge her until I am registered but perhaps class it as a settling in? As it would be getting me some experiance and it would be a good set up really once I am registered??

Oh my word sorry for this long post, you'll all be sorry I am back now :p lol!!!

Thanks in advance everyone xxxx

littlewonders
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh dear, have I scared you all off :(

xxx

Cazz
08-05-2008, 01:40 PM
You haven't scared me off :laughing: .

Sorry though but I don't know the answers cos I am only at the beginning of the process - I'm sure all those in the know will be along soon to help you.

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting a mindee so soon :clapping: , that's brill and I hope that the same will happen to me when the time comes.

Personally, that sounds like long and unsociable hours at very reasonable cost to me but then who am I to comment cos as I said I haven't had any experience yet.

Best of luck with your new career.

Carole x

berkschick
08-05-2008, 01:41 PM
No, you can not look after him until you are fully registered and insured.

You will need to wait for both yours and your hubbies CRB to come back clear before you will be registered.

You could look after him in his home without being registered but not you home I am afraid.

I think £35 for those hours is more than reasonable! Well done on getting work so quickly!

miffy
08-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I agree with Debbie

Good luck

miffy xx

SimplyLucy
08-05-2008, 01:58 PM
:eek: I think £35 for those weekend hours is very cheap......I charge double at weekends so if she came to me she'd be paying £66.50 for the 12pm-9.30pm shift...........

I charge my normal rate of £3.50 between 7.30am-6pm monday to friday then my unsocial double rate outside of those hours.

You won't be able to have the child at all until you are fully registered and insured........not worth risking your registration for.

littlewonders
08-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Fab I was thinking on the right lines then :D

Thank you all for your replies, I was so excited when I phoned CRB people and they told me it was dispatched today :D Just wait for hubby's then I'm off haha!

I'm glad you agree with the costs as I was a bit worried about that, when I saw her face I thought 'oh no!' lol but there we go.

Well I will keep you posted. Thanks again :D

Enjoy the rest of this lovely day, Sam xx

little miss hopefull
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
well done you!!!!! :clapping:

i hope i get enquiries as quick!

lisa xxx

:)

angeldelight
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Well done

Angel xx