PDA

View Full Version : daily sheets/daily diarys

lulubelle
22-08-2011, 08:52 PM
i made daily diarys for all my new mindees (only 1 started so far) but anyway i sent diary home first day and havent seen it since!!! i noticed in little ones bag that his nursery writes on a sheet that has headings like today i ate, but cant remember what else it had and havent seen another since!
think these are gonna be a better idea tho as i know i can write it etc only con i can think of is no proof i have given to parents they have read etc as i had asked that they initial diary to say they have read.

anyway any pro's/cons?

any other headings to put? i think it will be easier to have a print out that i can just write each day and parents can know layout etc

mrs robbie williams
23-08-2011, 06:35 AM
i used to do daily diaries but never got any feedback from parents, dont even think they looked at them, at the mo i only have 2 mindees and they are both out of eyfs so not having to worry but in sept i have a lo starting who is under a year so would be interested if others think a daily would work better and how to lay it out?

blue bear
23-08-2011, 06:41 AM
You could copy the sheet you send home and jeep in the file, or type it and print copy for parent and keep yours in a folder on pc or email parent?

One of mine likes the diary but lost 5 in 2 months so she comes in and reads each day now and leaves it here.

miffy
23-08-2011, 06:59 AM
I do A4 sheets (two days to each side) that never leave here - parents read and sign on pick up.

I have just started filling in a diary and e-mailing it to a new parent as mum drops off and dad picks up. I'm finding this is working very well and mum gives me lots of feedback.

Miffy xx

sarah707
23-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Just a thought - did you explain to parents the purpose of the diary and tell them how you hope they will contribute?

They might have thought they get one every day! :laughing: :D

lulubelle
23-08-2011, 05:35 PM
yes i wrote a note in the front about how i would write in it each day and for them to put any feed back, any important things i needed to know etc. mum keeps saying she will drop it back but hasn't!

Bananabrain
23-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I have always done sheets [with little piccies]:laughing:
I have had parents that can barely remember they have a child let alone read my lovingly written blurb!
Sheets work for me [although expensive]

khlwomitchell
23-08-2011, 09:05 PM
i use a5 text book with headings, where i went, what i liked/didn't like, childminders voice, parents voice. I put it in the changing bag and send it home and get it returned every day, a few times missed. They love seeing it and give a continued picture of life with me and makes ofsted happy as its working with parents covered. Parent rarely writes in it but i'm not givin up. A book is personal and has a picture of baby on the front. sheets of paper have a throw away feel about them.