PDA

View Full Version : Does each mindee need their own potty or can they share?

Maza
22-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I am about to start potty training my 2 year old mindee in a couple of weeks. My own toddler has her own potty in the bathroom. I'm not keen on others using her potty but on the other hand my bathroom isn't huge and I don't want it cluttered with potties (other mindees will start soon too). Just wondered what you all do...

Mouse
22-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I tend to have a potty per child. I am potty training 2 at the moment & they each have their own.

I don't think it's a requirement though. They'll have to share the toilet at some time & that's not much different. Just make sure the potty is kept clean at all times & cleaned between uses :thumbsup:

Helen79
22-08-2011, 02:41 PM
I've only ever used 1 potty and use an anti bac wipe on it after every use.

marleymoo
22-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I am about to start potty training my 2 year old mindee in a couple of weeks. My own toddler has her own potty in the bathroom. I'm not keen on others using her potty but on the other hand my bathroom isn't huge and I don't want it cluttered with potties (other mindees will start soon too). Just wondered what you all do...

don't use potties, end of

marleymoo
22-08-2011, 03:08 PM

don't use potties, end of. disgusting things

Penny1959
22-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I use 1 per child - as you can bet they will want to go at same time!

Penny :)

Maza
05-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks everyone! It's interesting to read all the different approaches. Hopefully I won't have many wet patches (or worse!) around my house during the next few weeks! xx

alwaysright
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
i dont use potties either, straight onto the toilet here

Chimps Childminding
05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I have one for each child when potty training more than one!! I tend to buy the ones that stack inside each other so I don't have to find storage for loads!!

Would love to use the toilet as I particularly hate poo's in the potty :panic: , but its difficult when you have other children to keep popping out to take lo to use the toilet, especially when you have one that asks every 10 mins but doesnt actually go very often!!! :rolleyes:

tulip0803
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a downstairs toilet and it is a big hike, 2 stair gates and a very desperate child so I use a potty, antibac'd each use. I have only been using one as I only had one training (she was also terrified of the toilet!) but another LO decided to train herself recently and started using the potty taking Mum by surprise as she had no knickers! But they were suddenly both desperate for a wee. older one got quite damp knickers as other got their first so I now have to find my other and have a pair:p .

Once they have the control to hold till we get upstairs then the potty goes.

rickysmiths
05-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't use potties they go straight on the toilet here to.