PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your nappies?

Polly2
22-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi all

I need a new storage solution :rolleyes: I have nappies supplied by parents and they are everywhere!! At the mo I have them stored in the hessian tesco bags by my front door then I have wipes and creams and smelly bags and gloves in a box in my dining room

Ideally I would like some sort of storage where it can all stay together neat and tidy.

What do you guys do?

Twinklestars
22-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I just keep the packs in my under stairs cupboard then put some in a basket with everything else where I nappy change every day

AliceK
22-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I store packs of nappies on top of my DD's wardrobe and then for day to day use I have a little storage box in my downstairs toilet where I keep nappies, wipes, gloves etc as this where I do the nappy changes. Before I had my downstairs toilet I used to keep them all in the cupboard under the stairs.

xxx

aly
22-08-2011, 11:33 AM
the ones in nappies here come with bags so storage simples realy lol......told them they can supply the nappies themselves, ours is a smallish house so dont have room for storing their stuff...

Chimps Childminding
22-08-2011, 11:51 AM
What about one of the plastic drawer units? I have one I keep wipes, nappy sacks etc in the top drawer and then nappies in the others. It can be wheeled about to wherever you do your nappy changes!!

Polly2
22-08-2011, 11:57 AM
What about one of the plastic drawer units? I have one I keep wipes, nappy sacks etc in the top drawer and then nappies in the others. It can be wheeled about to wherever you do your nappy changes!!

I like this idea :clapping:

Twinkle-Toes
22-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I have 'colour coded' my mindees so they have their own coloured plastic box under the changing unit.

I also have a 4 draw plastic unit (draw each and one for bibs/bags etc) that I used before. Both work well x

jane5
22-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I have a 4 drawer plastic unit and each child has their own drawer or shares a drawer if they are not in nappies.

I store full packs of nappies on dd's wardrobe and bring down nappies for each week and store these and comforters, cups, dummies and anything belonging to the child in their own drawer. If some thing is left by the child or I have a letter or something to give to mum it means I dont lose anything.

Mouse
22-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I have one of these:

http://www.next.co.uk/x481236s2#800574x48

Parents supply packs of nappies that I keep in the copboard under the stairs. Each child has a little hessian bag with their name on & each day/week I fill their bag with nappies & put it in the rack. I also have baby wipes, cloth wipes, gloves, nappy sacks and antibac wipes for the changing mat in it.

It's great becasue I can easily move it round whever I happen to be - even out in the garden!

Penny1959
22-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I have just brought one of those draw units on wheels - which is great as can wheel it out of sight at wekends. I keep all the usual stuff in it - and the reusable nappies and outers that I supply.

Penny :)

Polly2
22-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I have one of these:

http://www.next.co.uk/x481236s2#800574x48

Parents supply packs of nappies that I keep in the copboard under the stairs. Each child has a little hessian bag with their name on & each day/week I fill their bag with nappies & put it in the rack. I also have baby wipes, cloth wipes, gloves, nappy sacks and antibac wipes for the changing mat in it.

It's great becasue I can easily move it round whever I happen to be - even out in the garden!

Very nice Mouse! I do like that!

I also like the colour code idea and the fact you all put their bits and bobs together

ChocolateChip
22-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Liking all these fab ideas!
Sadly I don't have room so I do the same as Alice, keep the main pack of nappies on top of my dd's wardrobe and just keep a few for each child in my big plastic shoe box, along with wipes, bags, named creams, antibac hand gel and wipes for the changing mat.

rickysmiths
22-08-2011, 02:12 PM
I keep the named bags in a cupboard and take a few out each day and have them on the table with my changing mat and all the other bits. I am lucky enough to be able to have a tall cupboard outsde my downstair toilet where I keep all my napies, Gloves etc etc, bibs, towels, sun cream, First Aid Kit and so on.

marleymoo
22-08-2011, 02:26 PM
each child here has a deep hook which holds their coats and day bags. They bring everything they need for the day in their day bag so i don't store anything, it all goes back home with them each day

mushpea
22-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I have a box where they store their bags,, each day they bring their changing bag with enough nappies in for the day then they take them home at night,, I dont keep nappies here permantly for them, at the end of the day its my home and I dont want a load of extra bits stored here for other peoples children.

catlyn
22-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I have an ikea expedit unit with black canvas drawers in it (very sturdy) each child has thier own drawer for spare clothes nappies creanms etc.....it stands in the corner of the room where my bookshelf used to be and matches the rest of my furniture...most of my books went when I got my kindle :)

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80135298

miffy
22-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I have a plastic storage box for each child in nappies - they stack and I put them away in a cupboard when the children aren't here

Miffy xx

appleblossom
22-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I have two in nappies. Parents supply a full pack when needed. I keep the packs in the under basin cupboard in the downstairs bathroom. I get out enough for the day for each child every morning and put them in their drawstring changing bags, which I use in the house and when we are out and about. (Just the cheap pump bags-different colour for each child. Their names are on the bags too. As a result of this the two two year olds recognise their names when they see them written anywhere.

cupcake22
23-08-2011, 08:16 AM
I don't keep packs of nappies. Parents put their nappies in the childs bag each day with their other stuff i.e spare clothes , wipes, milk etc

Cupcake22

sandy64
23-08-2011, 08:40 AM
i have hooks in hallway each child has there own hook which has a pump bag with there spare clothes under my stairs i have a large wiker basket which has all the nappies wipes etc in there own bag. and its full lol:laughing: as ive 3 lo in nappies sometimes i feel nappies are taking over my house:laughing:

mrs_scottydog
23-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I only have a small house so no extra storage space. If nappies have been needed by the children their parents put enough for the day in their changing bag, along with anything else they might need. Has worked for me without any problems. Hx

anneriddington
23-08-2011, 11:39 AM

I do this a drawer for each child's nappies and then the top draw for wipes, bags etc it's handy being able to wheel it around too £21.99 from argos

PixiePetal
23-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I have my childrens old pine chest of drawers/changing table in the playroom with a shelf on the wall above it, in my reach. :thumbsup:

parents supply a bag of nappies which I keep upstairs in my wardrobe and I put 6 or so in a named clear box for each child on the shelf, along with any other bits belonging to them - dummy, spare pants/trousers.

I keep everything else for changes in the top drawer of unit, blankets in another, reins and waterproofs in the next and other bits like portable potty liners in the bottom drawer.

I am so glad I kept it when my kids grew up - DD had it as her chest of drawers for years but it came into playroom when we moved to current house.

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 04:30 PM
you know, if a child so much as leaves a hat at my house over the weekend it drives me demented. how do you all put up with having so much of your space taken over in this way? aaaaarrrrgh

marleymoo
25-08-2011, 04:35 PM
i wonder if tesco staff bring home loads of tesco carrier bags and insurance leaflets and clubcard application forms and coat hangers and price labels and every little helps posters and blah blah blah and hang their uniforms up all around their picture rails 24/7?

ChocolateChip
26-08-2011, 10:34 AM
No they don't hun, used to work for Tesco, lol! Did used to come home smelling of the fish counter though, yuk!
But the difference is they go out to work and leave it behind when they come home, we offer a service from our home and unless you are very lucky to have a separate playroom or annexe it is going to encroach on our home life.
That's the compromise for not having to leave your children elsewhere, go to work when everyone else is settling in for the evening, putting up with rude customers, staff cutbacks, managers who think they are too important to speak to staff or have to work every Saturday and some evenings until 10.30 and then have to drive home in the dark and in filthy winter weather- so for me a few extra coats or nappies hanging around is a fair price to pay :)

marleymoo
26-08-2011, 12:53 PM
that's one way of looking at it i suppose, but still not for me, and we do still have to put up with rude customers sometimes and parents who think their jobs are more important than ours lol