PDA

View Full Version : Missed out on another potential mindee

ma7ie
08-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Just had a phone call from a mum wanting care for her child starting July, 8am -5.30pm which would have been great for me.

She probably only lives 15 minutes walk away (if that) but said that I lived too far for her to walk.

I could have picked the child up myself but it's right in the middle of breakfast time.

Haven't had any decent calls recently and when I do, I can't do it.:angry:

angeldelight
08-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Oh what a shame Marie

But ... how lazy is that parent ? 15 min is not far is it? I have a parent that walks 20 min every morning to my house

Hope she cant get anyone closer and ends up calling you again

Angel xx

crazybones
08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Sorry youve missed out Marie. 15 minute walk :rolleyes: Hope something comes along soon.

hbomb1
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
That's such a shame Marie. 15 minutes is not that far at all :rolleyes:

I do hope that you get something soon.

miffy
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh what a shame Marie

Maybe it will not be as easy as she thinks to find someone closer and she'll come back to you

miffy xx

ma7ie
08-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh what a shame Marie

Maybe it will not be as easy as she thinks to find someone closer and she'll come back to you

miffy xx

I hope so but there's not much work round here at the moment for childminders for some reason.

When my eldest was little I didn't have a car and we walked everywhere. I didn't think twice about walking 2 miles to the supermarket then getting a bus home because money was tight.

Not like that now though. DD 2yrs won't walk anywhere because she's so used to going in a car. She likes the idea at first then asks to be carried which isn't a lot of fun, plus she refuses to go in the pram and we can have major tantrums.

I keep telling myself something will come along soon - just hope so.

deeb66
08-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I am amazed he parent thinks that 15 min walk is too far away!

People really amaze me......how lazy is that!

caza
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Funny she would probably find it completely acceptably if you were to walk the 15 minutes to her house however when the shoe is on the other foot suddenly it becomes too much of a chore :rolleyes:

Caroline

littlewonders
08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Unless......mum has a dissabilty and din't want to say? :huh:

Ripeberry
08-05-2008, 04:37 PM
I know people who drive 300yds to school, because they live on a main road and there are no pavements and loads of big lorries going by. Now that IS sad!
The council say they can't afford to put a pavement in. Why can't they just put down a load of stones or something, or even just cut the grass?