PDA

View Full Version : Ink!!!

Cinderbella
21-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Is it just me who goes through tons of ink!!!

I refilled my yellow and black cartridges on the 9th August and they have gone already!!!

Costing me a fortune!!!

khlwomitchell
21-08-2011, 09:22 PM
just ordered my second full set in 4 mths and for me that is alot!!
i go to cartridgeshop.co.uk and get unbranded all my cartridges for my cannon for 19 quid! found them great and two free blacks x

chibault
21-08-2011, 11:46 PM
tesco do bottles of ink which you inject into your old cartridges, the colour set costs about £4 and lasts for ages (fills around 6 cartridges a bottle), there's a separate set for black bottles to purchase, but I have saved an absolute fortune since discovering these. I use so much ink and don't bat and eye at it now.
Word of warning though, don't get it on your clothes or hands as it's a nightmare to get it out, you have to be really careful and use lots of kitchen roll and gloves/apron if you're not used to doing it.
Becky x

Greengrass74
22-08-2011, 05:55 AM
We had an Epson which we were buying ink all the time at £14 per cartridge which gave us about 200 sheets of print it was costing a fortune.

We have now brought a Kodak All-in-one

http://shop.kodak.co.uk/store/ekconseu/en_GB/pd/ESP_7250_All-in-One_Printer/productID.170164300

This is a great printer and the ink is only £10 per cartridge which gives approx 700 sheets. It i wireless which means you can take a photo on your phone/camera and print it off as a photo straight away, great for giving to parents.

I certainly would recommend this printer :thumbsup:

kel1983
22-08-2011, 07:01 AM
I highly recommend the Kodak printers. The ink is about £7 for a black cartridge and about £10 for a coloured cartridge. I use it wirelessly from my laptop. Its brilliant.

loocyloo
22-08-2011, 08:50 AM
we got a wireless all in one kodak printer about 6 weeks ago .... i've just about finished the first set of ink cartridges, but i am so impressed with the printer! the colour is still pretty much as good as it was at the start! my old machine went all 'liney' and faded about 1/2way through a cartridge!

am also loving the ability to just copy a mindees picture to put in learning journal, rather than having to scan it in and print it out! :D

Cinderbella
22-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I have bought some of the refills from tesco's to try for now, I had no idea you can fill your own cartridges!

Monkey1
22-08-2011, 06:49 PM
i have to refill mine once a week!:blush: :blush: :blush: and replace them every 6 to 8 weeks:blush: :blush:

sarah707
22-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I bought a Kodak all in one recently and find it much more cost effective.

I get my cartridges from www.play.com they are the cheapest I can find :D

Greengrass74
22-08-2011, 09:10 PM
I bought a Kodak all in one recently and find it much more cost effective.

I get my cartridges from www.play.com they are the cheapest I can find :D

Thanks for the link to Play.com Sarah, they really are cheap, we too have the Kodak all in one, I really recommend it, it is a great printer and so cheap for cartridges which last ages :thumbsup:

Cinderbella
23-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I just wanted to say thankyou to chibault for recomending the tesco's refill pcks. They are three for two so I got 9 bottles of ink in total for £13, each bottle contains 30ml ..... my cartridges hold 3ml and cartridge world charge £4.99 to refill them so you can imagine how much I have saved ... and its so easy! Thanks again!!! xx

Chatterbox Childcare
23-08-2011, 08:33 PM
I get replacement inks from Boxshift.co.uk or eezytrade

time_4_change
23-08-2011, 08:48 PM
We have just started using Asda inks, I can not remember the cost but my husband says we are saving a couple of pennies. Im not set up yet but seem to be going through ink, printing out all my policies and some posters ... im guessing by the comments that I had better start looking at cost effective printers/inks :rolleyes:

x

mrs coops
24-08-2011, 07:59 AM
my hubby orders ours from amazon and it cost's us £10 plus £3 (i think) delivery for four sets of ink x

JCrakers
24-08-2011, 08:39 AM
My printer has a draft option which doesnt use as much ink when prinitng paper. I dont print a lot of pics as they use a lot of ink

becky

Pixie dust
24-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I have an Epsom and it won't accept compatible inks which is a pain:mad:

Tinglesnark
24-08-2011, 10:00 AM
i have stopped printing photos and now use snapfish because of the ink! i was going through a cartridge every fortnight and it was costing a bomb! thanks for the advice! will look in to the alternatives now!