PDA

View Full Version : advice requested re giving my notice

jadavi
21-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi, I have a nice group of families waiting for me to be registered and i still have my old job which requires a month's notice....

Would you assume you are going to be registered if the area CMM manager has given you the all clear (2 visits to see if I'd implemented her changes) - she says I'll be fine.

That way I'll be ready quicker and won't lose these lovely children...

Is there anything that could hold it up in your opinion? Its a hard call and husband thinks I should wait until I'm actually registered.....

Wd apprec your thoughts as ever, thanks.

jac

singlewiththree
21-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Are you in ofsted territory? If you are, how far on are you with that process, do you have your crb?

jadavi
21-08-2011, 12:11 PM
How do I find out if I'm in ofsted terrotory?
My CRBs went off 2 weeks ago....:(

thanks for help.

sarah707
21-08-2011, 12:19 PM
I would not do anything until I have completed CRBs back and Ofsted have come for the pre-reg visit and the doc forms are done.

A lot can go wrong between now and when your certificate arrives and it can take anywhere between a few weeks and a few months unfortunately.

I hope it's quick for you! :D

rickysmiths
21-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Who did you send your CRBs to? Have you not been to any introductory meetings with your Early Years Dept who explain the process of becoming a childminder?

If you live in England you will be regulated by Ofsted who will have to do a pre-registration visit to check your home and that your paperwork is all in order before they will register you. You have to have your First Aid done and usually have to do a CYPOP course within 6mth of registering if you haven't already got and NVQ Level 3 qualification in Childcare.

The whole process can take 6-9mths and sometimes more depending on your area. It is not a quick process.

If you are in Scotland, Wales or Ireland I'm not sure but someone will be on soon to give some help.

jadavi
21-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks yes, have done everything (all courses) and all docs back to Ofsted 2 weeks ago.
Yes was just trying to second guess and give 4 weeks notice but i guess I'd lose out as no salary if its delayed.
Thanks for your advice.

jac

VINASOL
21-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks yes, have done everything (all courses) and all docs back to Ofsted 2 weeks ago.
Yes was just trying to second guess and give 4 weeks notice but i guess I'd lose out as no salary if its delayed.
Thanks for your advice.

jac

Not to put you off, but it took 10 weeks for mine and DHs CRB to come back (even though we have had CRBs done before and within previous 6 months)! Maybe you can ring them to see what stage your CRB is at as that might give you an idea of how logn you may need to wait (although we were at the last stage for ages). Good luck

miffy
21-08-2011, 04:46 PM
It would be a gamble to give in your notice before you've got your CRB checks back and had your ofsted visit whatever your CMM says - I would wait unless you can afford to be without your income.

Miffy xx