PDA

View Full Version : preparing for ofsted booklet help

wonderwoman80
20-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Wonder if anyone can help stuck on question 23. If you are a childminder registering on early years register and childcare register, how do staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with an assistant?

khlwomitchell
20-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Wonder if anyone can help stuck on question 23. If you are a childminder registering on early years register and childcare register, how do staffing arrangements differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with an assistant?

i wrote, not relevent as i am working alone and intending to continue that way.
if you do take on staff you will answer this again in the SEF somewhere i think

sarah707
21-08-2011, 09:25 AM
There are differences between the registers depending on if you want to leave assistants alone with children - you can with one of the registers (with Ofsted and parents permission) and you can't with the other. :D

missnaughty
21-08-2011, 09:27 AM

I have answered unsure :blush:

missnaughty
21-08-2011, 09:28 AM
There are differences between the registers depending on if you want to leave assistants alone with children - you can with one of the registers (with Ofsted and parents permission) and you can't with the other. :D

Thank you X

emily79
22-08-2011, 04:32 PM
from my support worker as i was stuck too Question: What adult: child ratio apply to the service you are applying to be registered for? How will you ensure these ratios are maintained?

Answer: 1 childminder (Max 6 under eight broken down = max 3 under 5 (one baby under 1yrs.) and 3 over 5 (under eights) + space for minding.

To ensure correct ratios that is shown on the certificate you would have an attendance register showing when the minded children was with you for evidence.

Question: Registering on the Early years & Childcare register, how do staffing arrangment differ for each register and how will you manage this if you work with any assistants?

Answer: See above for ratio, Early yrs register (3 under 5) , Childcare R- (has two registers) compulsary register (3 over5 ) under 8, voluntary over 8

You will not be having an assistant, but a co-minder who is registered in their own right. Ratio for when you work then different ratio when you work with a co minder) You will also show staff attendance sheets when you both work at the premises for evidence incase someone says you are over minding. If you do have an assistant they are not allowed certain things/hrs/left alone (see ofsted website about assistants)