PDA

View Full Version : opinions on potty training accidents

sandy64
20-08-2011, 05:40 PM
hi ive a lo whos parents decided to potty train over the summer hols as mum is off and i wished them good luck evan tho i thought she really wasnt ready mum came friday to pay me and i asked how she was doing mum said if she has no kickers on shes doing well but as soon as she has clothes on she wees poos anywhere, i gave her a few ideas to try as i know how much she wants to train her. but also said when shes here she has to where clothes and have 3 journeys aday to school/nursery,
What i supose im asking you all is how many accidents a day am i supose to cope with and be normal? as ive to crawlers so need to r.a this. i have trained many lo over the yrs but also know i could put a pull up on when out or if they werent ready but mum doesnt want this. so with 2 weeks to go im worried, any advice would be good :)

kindredspirits
20-08-2011, 05:59 PM
i'd say if LO has more than 2 accidents with her clothes on then mum needs to send pull ups for the LO - perhaps you could put knickers on underneath them so she 'feels' wet.
if mum protests ask her how she'd feel if her LO was crawling through a puddle of another childs wee constantly. ;)

sandy64
20-08-2011, 06:08 PM
thanks never thought of saying it like that as im sure she wouldnt like it, i did sugest knickers underneath a pullup but she says she doesnt want to go backwards?????? yes im worried

Dragonfly
20-08-2011, 06:25 PM
How old is the child?

sandy64
20-08-2011, 06:50 PM
shes only 2 and 2mths so not a real rush but thats not for me to decide:)

Dragonfly
20-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Only asked as a child apparently isnt really able to control bladder movements before 18mths, so she could do with maybe leaving a couple of months or so longer. But I would agree once you decide to potty train you dont put the nappy back on, I think it sends mixed messages to the child.

angiemog
20-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I think a max of 2 accidents a day is enough when you have other children to look after. I had a mum that took 2 weeks holiday to train her little boy he was 2 years 2 months. She found the first week really tough. But since he came back to me he has been a little star and in 7 months only one poo accident. I am fortunate I dont have nursery or school runs so until I feel confident in heading out I don't have too. It's difficult cos you want to support parents but also you need to think about yourself. If you do go out make sure you put blankets on buggies and car seats you dont really want to be cleaning those aswell, also I have a portable potty which comes in handy. Good Luck xxx

Mel_Johnson
21-08-2011, 07:33 AM
If Mum see pull ups as a set back then try trainer pants like normal pants but have a little bit of padding in to stop wee going everywhere. They will hold about 1 wee and LO will still feel wet so knows has been.
My sister is potty training her little girl by keep her knickers off in the house. I'm not a fan and if I look after her I keep them on.

bluebell3
21-08-2011, 09:53 AM
could you ask her to put little girl in a skirt? she wouldn't have to wear pants then so little girl would know she not got nappy on and she wouldn't be running around naked!

sandy64
21-08-2011, 10:52 AM
thanks for your advice mum is off for 6weeks and wants her to be dry so i feel shes putting pressure on child and herself. she will be walking or on buggy board so not to bothered about that its in house and when it gets cold she will be wet and cold, i will take potty with us. well fingers crossed another 2 weeks and she maybe dry:)

Dragonfly
21-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Children vary so much dont they? I have a 2 and half year old dry and has been for a couple of months and a nearly 4 year old who Ive just got dry during the day for the mum :eek:

newandlearning
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi.. I've just found this thread and wondered how you guys deal with a child having an accident at the age of 4.. not telling you about it and then sitting on your sofa, bean bag and other stuff.. I only realised when I went to clean sofa up as I didn't see trousers were set coz they are all patchy designed.. :(

Ive got a new sofa and bean bag is from son's room so am rather annoyed and gutted.. parents didn't even say sorry.