PDA

View Full Version : can you hurry Ofsted?

jadavi
20-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi,I have a few famiies desperate to start and I wondered if anyone had tried ringing up Ofsted to sort of hurry things along (registration)_ and if that helps at all?

cheers
jac

Caterpillar
20-08-2011, 03:36 PM
No, you can't hurry them!!!!

sarah707
20-08-2011, 04:27 PM
The only useful thing about ringing them is to check if they are minus any paperwork... if anything has been lost or misplaced you can do something about it.

Otherwise they go in their own time. I hope it hurries up for you! :D

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 04:28 PM
i did have to chase them up for my first proper inspection. they'd called me to give me a few days notice and 6 months later nobody had been - i was at my wits end. i rang them up and they said they were glad i'd rang because the ofsted inspector that had originally rang me to put me on notice had gone on sick and passed my file on to someone else who subsequently went on maternity leave!
i ended up getting my inspection but, as luck would have it (bad luck i mean) my inspector was being appraised by her line manager at my inspection!
the moral of the story? be careful what you wish for.........

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 04:36 PM
i did have to chase them up for my first proper inspection. they'd called me to give me a few days notice and 6 months later nobody had been - i was at my wits end. i rang them up and they said they were glad i'd rang because the ofsted inspector that had originally rang me to put me on notice had gone on sick and passed my file on to someone else who subsequently went on maternity leave!
i ended up getting my inspection but, as luck would have it (bad luck i mean) my inspector was being appraised by her line manager at my inspection!
the moral of the story? be careful what you wish for.........