PDA

View Full Version : Help! Numbers in September

rogersc7
20-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi,
I have a child due to start in September for before and after school but they do 3 weeks of settling in and then in full time (mornings, afternoons and then mornings with lunch) does he count in the 5-8 bracket straight away or is it after the settling in period?
I'm really stuck with this and worry I won't actually be able to have him etc

Thank you
Carly

FussyElmo
20-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Not until the settling in period has finished.

You could ask ofsted for a variation for those few weeks.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-08-2011, 12:32 PM
The rules are that a child is in the 5-8 bracket when they do 10 sessions per week - i.e. full time

Bananabrain
20-08-2011, 03:08 PM
The rules are that a child is in the 5-8 bracket when they do 10 sessions per week - i.e. full time

Debbie is exactly right, that's what Ofsted quoted to me a couple of weeks ago.
I have the same prob, didn't cross my mind to ask for a variation.

boxtree7
20-08-2011, 03:16 PM
I gonna have the same problem for 5 days .. when you request a variation does that mean ofsted will send you a new certificate and then have to change it back once in fulltime education.

handeme
20-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I had the same problem so I requested a variation, it came through a couple of weeks ago.

C x

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I gonna have the same problem for 5 days .. when you request a variation does that mean ofsted will send you a new certificate and then have to change it back once in fulltime education.

they probably won't change it back, it will probably be worded with an "until" phrase. you could probably ask them to not just vary it for this child but as a general variation under similar circumstances. it's worth a try

The Juggler
22-08-2011, 07:30 AM
our school spread settling in over the whole of september :panic: def. ask for a variation hon.:thumbsup: