PDA

View Full Version : yay i'm full finally but school holidays hard work .

selena 31
19-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Finally after a whole year my phone hasnt stopped ringing i am full and got a waiting list!:jump for joy: i cant quiet believe it really !
I am over the moon but had two calls this week from people i know wanting me to have their babies and i cant fit them in and i feel really awful that i cant help:( . So 2 are on waiting list now for after xmas! I may think about an assistant if it continues but a bit worried about what happens with employing an assistant when work becomes quiet?and all the insurance and tax etc?
But i am really struggling with school age children and my children in the holidays. I dont think mine are coping with it sharing toys etc. they are fine with the little mindees( there lovely with them looking after them cuddles etc) just the school children there fighting and falling out crying all day etc.any advice would be great thinking now of sticking with just early years group after all my children have to b happy too.mine are 5,7and 12any advice would b great.

TammyN
19-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi congrats on being full, Im on my 3rd year and just become full in Sept. i know what you mean about older children i have found this really hard this summer, i have now decided i can't do school children in hols, my ds is 7 and has really struggled with sharing me with the older children, with the little one's he's really happy as he helps me and feels important. Ive been exhausted this week!

selena 31
19-08-2011, 08:38 PM
thats my children i think they like to mother the little children and dont feel threatend by them but there struggling with the older ones dont think i can listen to them crying and being upset any more!:(

Adiamond
19-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi, well done on being so busy :clapping: :clapping:

I decided quite quickly after registering that I would only have the little ones, my ds was 7 at the time and when I had the after schoolies he turned into a demon child he was so different, as soon as I had let the after schoolies go and just had the little ones I got my son back :thumbsup:

angeldelight
20-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Well done on being so full

I think your children will soon settle down - but make sure they always have their own space too with their own toys
New older children invading their space is prob whats making them like this

If things do not settle down you have to consider what is right for you and your family

Good luck hope things work out for you all

Angel xx

RachelE
20-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Congratulations on being full!!

I have found over this holidays, that getting out for most of the day, keeps us as sane as possible!!

We'll have to have a local meet up one day!

Rachel x

selena 31
21-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Thank you everyone and i am hoping that my children will settle down i think its just all a bit new for them and its going to take time x

thank you rachel and defo have to meet up claxby park seems to be the biggest hit this summer hols x:)

JCrakers
22-08-2011, 09:23 AM
My kids (9 and 12ys) always keep their own toys in their rooms. They dont have to share them if they dont want to as they are theirs and seperate to my work. Sometimes they do bring them down but only when they choose.

My 12yr old usually goes out with his own friends so doenst really mix with the mindees but saying that they are all playing toether now.

Becky

jaja
23-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi selena

it takes time for your own children to get used to it but once they do it will be fine, i am sure given a few months everyone will have settled into it, if you have people looking for childcare could you pass my details on i have a couple of spaces that i really need to fill, thanks

xx

selena 31
23-08-2011, 03:22 PM
thanks jenny i am sure we will all be in a routine soon then it will be time to go back to school!lol!

gave a lady your and the other childminders number the other day she wants 3 days a week she said she will ring after her hols xx hope you having a good summer holidays x