PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish day

Gherkin
07-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Not the afternoon I wanted to have.....

Dh has been feeling really tired for a few weeks and short of breath finally went to doctors at 4:15pm. She told him not to drive and to go straight to hospital for a chest x-ray. He came home I tried in vain to get hold of one of my parents to collect their child early only to be told they were just gettin on the train in london - in the meantime their child kicked my 3 year old son in the face (by accident). My son then had a nose bleed out of both nostrils and NHS direct made me like I had done it to him. Ds is okay now and asleep in my bed.

In the meantime my mil colleted hubby and they got to hospital just after 6pm and they are still there and he has only just gone in for the x-ray. He is number 6 in the queue of patients that the doctor needs to talk to and the doctor is only on the first one.

To top even all of this off we have had a gas leak issue where the local plumber has been in and replace 3 bits of pipework. I had to get him in again tonight as we can smell gas in the 1st floor toilet and he says we are not leaking gas but I now need to speak to the neigbours and see if they will let him do a gas test on their house.

On a brighter note - I know I have said I would take ds and dd off my pic but had to put the above on where dd fell asleep eating her dinner the other night. They make my heart melt.

Thanks for letting me rant evn though you haven't really had a choice in the matter.

Spangles
07-05-2008, 10:42 PM
OMG Claire! What a horrible day!

I really hope that you hear from your husband soon and that it will be good news.

I'm thinking of you and hope you will all be okay and the photo is absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Let us know what happens at the hospital and don't forget that we are all here for you!

x

Cazz
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry to hear you have had such an awful day Claire :( .

Hope your hubby is okay, it's not nice waiting around to hear - especially at this time of night! Glad that your ds is okay now.

Also hope that you get your gas problem sorted and that tomorrow (well today now!) will be a better day for you :) .

Right I am going to bed now (I said that an hour and a half ago!).

Carole x

P.S. I like the new photo - it's very cute! :littleangel: .

crazybones
08-05-2008, 05:53 AM
What a terrible day. Poor you. Any news on hubby yet?:group hug:

miffy
08-05-2008, 05:58 AM
What an awful day you had - hope you got some sleep last night and that hubby is OK

miffy xx

charleyfarley
08-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Really hope you have a better day today.

Any news on your hubby? Hows he feeling today?

Carol xx

sarah707
08-05-2008, 06:48 AM
What a horrible day :(

I hope today improves for you and they sort out what's wrong with your husband ... hugs xx

Pipsqueak
08-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Hope you hubs is on the mend asap?

Wishing you a better day today xxxxx

mum2three
08-05-2008, 07:18 AM
oh how awful..... I hope hubby is on the mend today.
sending hugs and kisses
xx :)

Polly2
08-05-2008, 07:57 AM
What an awful day

I hope your hubby is ok - and your day is a better one - big hugs x

angeldelight
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi Claire

How are things today and how is hubby ?

Thinking of you

Keep us posted

Hugs

Angel xx

Gherkin
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Dh got home at just after 6 this morning and is completly knackered now so is upstairs sleeping. They poked, prodded, took loads of bloods, gave him an x-ray and 2 ecg's and all they can come up with is that he has a virus that could last weeks or months. We are really happy that it isn't anything else but now we just have to try and get him right.

I eventually went to bed at 4:30 this morning and slept till 6 when my ds decided he wanted me. Nodded again till 7:15 when dd decided I had slpet for too long.

Still minding today but do not have the challenging mindee which is a relief so doing 9-1 then 3.30-8. Was meant to cook the kids a shepherd pie but in all honestly I thinks they are now going to have beans on toast for tea as I couldn't trust myself to use a knife and not slip. :(

Gherkin
08-05-2008, 10:51 AM
oh and to top it all my darlings babies have both had a reaction to the Nivea spray sun lotion that I put on them yesterday and have bright pink cheeks and arms!

in this house it never rains, doesn't even pour it just p***es down. :ohdear:

Blaze
08-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Poor you...hope your week improves!:group hug:

jaja
08-05-2008, 11:24 AM
oh bless you xxxxxxxxxx

Hope you feel better soon, its horrible when you have such a horrible day i hope things pick up soon and you get an early night tonight xxxxx:littleangel:

miffy
08-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry couldn't help but smile at the rain thing

At least there is nothing too serious wrong with hubby

Hope you have an easy afternoon and get a good sleep tonight

It's too hot for shepherd's pie anyway :)

miffy xx

Alibali
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Hope your having a better day today, and beans on toast is great every now and then, I bet they love it!!

Ali x

deeb66
08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

I am pleased that your hubby hasn't got anything too serious.....I hope he feels better soon.

I notice you are working until quite late tonight......do try to take it easy today and this evening.