PDA

View Full Version : Do you clean again in the afternoon?!

smurfette
19-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Hia just wondering cos I seem to always end up hoovering and mopping again last thing before pick ups after doing it night before / before drop off as well! Dont want parents to think kids have been playing in dirt but obviously with all the bods in the house it gets dirty again from dirt in garden, lunch crumbs etc (have 3'of my own and 3 mindees under 2)

khlwomitchell
19-08-2011, 06:39 PM
i don't clean that much but as i have big floor plan the mess spreads thinly over the whole house! plus i have a conservatory and all the garden crap goes in there and i lock the door! luckily my one mum is happy to have a healthy mess as with my three one biscuit becomes a explosion of crumbs. my worse fear... rice!

funemnx
19-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Lol! I always feel like I'm cleaning! The kitchen/diner floor is swept at least twice a day because of crumbs and the room opens to the garden so all kinds of bits and pieces end up on the floor :eek:

boxtree7
19-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Conservatory stays a dumping ground till friday, Kitchen is tidied twice a day and so is the playroom . Feels like i am always sweeping up. the garden gets tidy everytime we come in.

francinejayne
19-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I mop every night before bed, then I hoover every morning before the mindees come.

During the summer hols we have been having lots of picnics out, which I love as there's no tidying up after lunch! :thumbsup:

Term time when we lunch at home, depending on what we eat yes I do hoover and maybe mop again!

My house is all tiled floor, and although it is practical it also shows all the bits walked in from the garden and thrown from the highchairs!!

I don't tidy up toys etc before parents come, but I do tidy up 'dirt'!

miffy
19-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I try and clean up as I go along then hoover either after they've all gone or before they arrive the next day.

Miffy xx

Happy Bunny
19-08-2011, 08:10 PM
LOL i am on my second hoover in two years.
My floor gets mopped every other day.
I feel like I am forever cleaning of an evening.
So glad to hear I am not the only one.

snufflepuff
19-08-2011, 08:27 PM
The only cleaning I do while mindees are here is sweeping the kitchen floor after lunch, wiping the work surfaces after i've made lunch etc. I do all the cleaning after they have left so it's ready for the next morning. I don't worry about what the parents think, i'm sure they would prefer me to be playing with the LO's than cleaning the house ready for their arrival!

sarah707
20-08-2011, 07:39 AM
I don't like dirt - mess is fine, it's what children create - but not dirt :panic:

I mop and Dyson at least once a day and use wipes in between - most of the children love helping :D

angeldelight
20-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I am forever cleaning

It seems like I never stop

The dyson comes out several times with the mess my children make :laughing:

I just love these summer days when we can eat and do our activities in the garden

Angel xx