PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh!!!

missnaughty
19-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi all

Prospects just called they lady is coming out to me on Monday at 10am.:panic:

I am really worried that I have everything they want to see (can anyone tell me what they like to see) and that I have read all the eyfs books. (which I have but my brain is not taking any of it in)
My worry is that I am not going on my first aid course until 2nd of September so will they be cross as I could only manage to get on that date as all the others were sold out.
Panic panic panic I think my heart is going to explode!
X

Pandypops
19-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Mine just asked me lots of questions out of the "prepare for your pre-reg" booklet and had a little look around and that was it. She didn't even glance at my policies, risk assessments, safety measures etc... (which I spent a lot of time and money on!)

Good luck with it - it's not as bad as you think it's gonna be :) :)

missnaughty
19-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Mine just asked me lots of questions out of the "prepare for your pre-reg" booklet and had a little look around and that was it. She didn't even glance at my policies, risk assessments, safety measures etc... (which I spent a lot of time and money on!)

Good luck with it - it's not as bad as you think it's gonna be :) :)

Hi
Thats the thing I know once she goes I will be what was I worrying for lol.
I have just got mind blank lol. I cant seem to get my head round things I think it is a case I over analize things. Will she let me know on the day if I have been approved and for how many children. I do no i wont be able to work until I do have my first aid course.
X

mandiekhawke
19-08-2011, 12:58 PM
hiya i was inspected late may/ june
it isnt nearly as bad as you think the inspector is there to ensure all is safe for the children and as you have read the EYFS and i guess done as it asks you will be just fine they are there to help you not stop you moving forward with the registration..... mine looked around the house and asked relevent questions - like did the windows lock and was the garden secure. She also looked through my policies and proceedures and risk assessments allowed me to ask alot of questions and gave me some really good hints and tips about making things like paperwork systems easier! perfect i wish you lots of luck - and look forward to you post about becoming registered :thumbsup:

mandiekhawke
19-08-2011, 12:59 PM
and yes s/ he will let you know on the day the numbers your allowed and so on :)

missnaughty
19-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Will it not be a problem about the first aid course will they still let me know if they have approved me. X

Sunflowers
19-08-2011, 04:01 PM
RELAX! the inspectors are actually human :eek:

I had mine 3 weeks ago, after getting 48 hours notice... queue meltdown, naughty day off from existing job, house ransacked (wasn't as bad as I thought though) policies rewritted for the 4th time...
and the most usefull thing I did.... was to go through the book with all the questions and writing out my answers.
Cos I had that by me in the inspection and when my brain exited stage left I could refer to it.

and in the end? we spent a good 1.5 hrs of the 3 hr visit talking baby as our boys are within 1 month of each other lol

do be conversational with them, and DO offer a cuppa I'm sure that set a nice realxed mood for both of us

missnaughty
19-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Thank you all so much X

miffy
20-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Good luck for Monday - I'm sure you'll be fine

Let us know how it goes

Miffy xx

missnaughty
20-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Good luck for Monday - I'm sure you'll be fine

Let us know how it goes

Miffy xx

Hi
I will let you know once she goes :) Ive still got a few questions on the pre reg booklet to answer and I am sure I will be asking for some help regarding them. Today I am going to go through my paperwork and read read read :panic:
Then tomorrow I am going to clean the house. X

Pandypops
20-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes, mine ate LOADS of my choc biscuits and had 2 cups of tea (the cheek!!). We talked about our kids, local traffic problems, wine (?!) and then lots of EYFS/pre-reg booklet questions so concentrate on this.

Honestly, you will be fine and they will tell you on the day if you have "passed" and what you are allowed once your first aid is done.

Let us know what happens!!

Zumba-mum
21-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Good luck or tomorrow, i'm sure all will be fine. :thumbsup:

missnaughty
21-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Well after saying I was going to crack on(yesterday) I have done some more paperwork then stopped last night to have a take-away a few beers and watch 3 dvds.
Today I need to do the Garden (hubby can do that job), clean and read up more. But I am sitting here with a nice cup of tea, while hubby is doing my fire plan :blush:

I will crack on in a min :blush:

Cinderbella
21-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Good Luck xxx

Zumba-mum
21-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Hope you managed to get everything done.

khlwomitchell
21-08-2011, 09:11 PM
mine was just like a check on safety, she told me all i had to do and set it as a condition for registration (my garden needed fencing or i couldn't use it)
i would point out all the bad points and how you will action it so that she knows that you know!
good luck. the most important thing is knowing your welfare and safeguarding x

missnaughty
22-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Well I have been up since 6am having a cuppa and reading up on everything. (not that it has still gone in).
I feel a bit sick and worrying even though I know it is going to be ok.
I am just going to hoover through the house and thats that done.
The only thing I am really worried about is the risk assessments, I have got the forms of risk assessments but I have not filled them in, Only because I am not sure on the kinda thing they want to see on them.
I will be so pleased when this over :) .
Right I will let you all know what happens when she leaves.

Oh just a quicky do you think it is ok to have my paperwork handy so if she does ask me a question I can look it up(especially with my brain all mush)?X

miffy
22-08-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm sure it won't be as nerve wracking as you think once she gets there :)

I used this site as a starting point for my risk assessments

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/012C965D-047A-4E79-90A9-9883D3DAF0CC/0/CYP090022.pdf

You don't have to have everything in place for your pre-reg as long as you can show you know what needs to be done.

Good luck

Miffy xx

missnaughty
22-08-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm sure it won't be as nerve wracking as you think once she gets there :)

I used this site as a starting point for my risk assessments

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/012C965D-047A-4E79-90A9-9883D3DAF0CC/0/CYP090022.pdf

You don't have to have everything in place for your pre-reg as long as you can show you know what needs to be done.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Thank you Miffy, Just having another cup of tea then I will start getting on :eek:
X

Zumba-mum
22-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Your be fine :thumbsup: look for to hearing all about it later.

Rubybubbles
22-08-2011, 10:50 AM
hope it's going well:thumbsup:

missnaughty
22-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi all

It went well she didnt get here until 10.45 and left about 10 mins ago.
She was lovely and asked lots of questions and I actually knew more than I thought.

I have also been allowed overnight care :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
X

Gracie's mamma
22-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Ok , call me thick but whats a prospects lady ?
:eek:

Zumba-mum
22-08-2011, 11:44 AM
:clapping: well done.

Pandypops
22-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Congrats :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Kiddleywinks
23-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Ok , call me thick but whats a prospects lady ?
:eek:

ofsted use a company called prospects to help do inspections

khlwomitchell
23-08-2011, 07:28 AM
ofsted use a company called prospects to help do inspections

i had 'tribal' odd name i thought

Gracie's mamma
23-08-2011, 11:40 AM
agh , thank you

yes i was told it was Tribal now