PDA

View Full Version : CRB Checks

Carrie1983
19-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi,

My husband received his ECRB disclosure today. We had sent the forms to them about 3 weeks ago but they got sent back to us as my husband's boss filled the HR form in wrong. So they received the corrected forms on about 10th August. I'd say it's pretty impressive that it's taken only 9 days for them to process it all and get the certificate out to us.

On the other hand: where's mine?!! I have worked with children for over 10 years, trained as a teacher, did all my qualifications in this area. I have had many, many CRBs and usually they take about 3-4 weeks for me, but my last one in April this year, took 14 weeks! They took longer than they should have taken and it just got ridiculous. It went through the first 3 stages really quickly but it was stuck at stage 4 for weeks on end. I haven't moved at all in the last 9 years and I haven't had a change of name since 2003 - I've had about 10 crb checks since then! I am really panicking that this one is going to take as long.

I still haven't heard from OfSTED about a pre-reg visit yet either. My first aid is tomorrow and next Saturday. I need to get all my paperwork in order, finish painting my playroom etc. My new mindees are supposed to start 22nd Sept and I sent the forms at start of July - lady at OfSTED said she was as good as certain I'd be registered in time. I am so angry with myself that I didn't do all this last year when I was on mat leave - I did the ICP last July!!! I was just unsure and really busy with my baby I guess. In any case, my new client wants me to look after them from her home to start with if I am not registered in time, so it's no huge issue - I've nannied before - but I just want everything sealed!

Tink
19-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Have you contacted Ofsted and the CRB office to chase it up. I did with DH's as it took 16 weeks to come back:eek: apparently it was sat in the waiting to be posted tray!!
I phones twice a day for about 4 days and we received it as they were sick of me phoning them:laughing: