PDA

View Full Version : who can top my funniest LO moment while being inspected.....

mr man
18-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Picture this - Mrs O sat at the head of table while im preparing lunch for the children, they sat waiting nicely having a drink.

Little 3 yr old boy says to little 13 mnth old while sat in high chair

"hey S give me some skin" :cool: and puts his fist up towards her hand for her to bang hands.

i was speech less - and laughing at the smae time. Luckly i seen Mrs O smiling in corner of my eye. :laughing: pah pah hahahah

JumpingJacks
18-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Can't top it lol but my inspector asked my mindee his name and he replied with the biggest yawn of his life. To which my inspector relied am I boring you!!?!? And can't blame him lol

stardust
18-08-2011, 09:34 PM
this was whilst working in a nursery we were inspected and we were having lunch, the ofsted lady stood next to a little girl and the little girl used the ofsed ladies skirt to wipe her nose. ha ha ha

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
18-08-2011, 09:38 PM
One of my mindees booted mrs o in the shin!

Monkey26
18-08-2011, 10:00 PM
We came in from the garden to get ready for lunch - stopping at the bathroom to wash our hands, as you do, and once the kids and i were all done the youngest child that day (27 months at the time) pointed at the inspector and, in no uncertain terms, told her "WASH YOUR HANDS LADY!!!" - the inspector was in hysterics but did as she was told and then said mindee passed her a paper towel from the dispenser :D i was so proud!!! xx

singlewiththree
19-08-2011, 06:29 AM
My two dd's as soon as Mrs O sat down went up to her and gave her a hug and one climbed on her knee. She loved it, but I felt like she must have thought it was planned but I have never seen them do that to a stranger before! I kept apologising to wish she just laughed and said it had been such a long time since she had had any cuddles.

kindredspirits
19-08-2011, 07:38 AM
my oh so lovely son said to the ofsted inspector - mum puts the cot in the cupboard, thats where the baby's sleep!! :panic: :panic:
what he meant was the baby's sleep in the cot - and when its not in use i store it in the cupboard!!!! :laughing: :laughing: not sure if i protested too much at that one! :littleangel:

Alibali
19-08-2011, 08:38 AM
My 3 yo mindee was looking through his portfolio with my officer, she asked him what his favourite thing to do with Alison is, his reply.....'go to the pub'!!

In my defence, it was a child friendly pub with a play area:blush:

OrlandoBelle
19-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Not child related.... but on my pre-inspection my dog decided to chew at his own bum and preceded to scoot across the living room on it leaving a mark on my carpet. :panic: I was absolutely mortified! He's never done that before and has never done it since. It HAD to be when she was there didn't it? Luckily I don't think she noticed.:(

georgie456
19-08-2011, 09:03 AM
These are fab!!!

My son (almost 2yrs at the time) threw a football at Mrs O from point blank range and missed smacking her in the face by about a millimetre - and only thanks to the huge duck she had to do to avoid it!!!
He was still learning that you need to let people know you want to play catch before you throw the ball!!!! I never thought for a second he would do it to a complete stranger.
Thankfully my inspector thought it was hilarious - phew!

RachelE
19-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Mrs O was finishing off at the end of her 3 hours with some questions.

She asked me if I took any non-prescription medication or alcohol. I said no.

My lovely dd, then aged 3 said "Mummy you are lying, you do!"
Luckily she'd got the measure of my daughter after being with her for 3 hours!!

Hoping she'll be at school next time!

Rachel x

BuggsieMoo
19-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Mine is not with ofsted but with my level 3 assessor. She was here the other week assessing me for one of my assignments and I had daughter aged 4, mindee aged 17 months and mindee aged 5. We were looking at our caterpillers and mindee aged 5 years said 'wow its got a really big nose', my daughter replied 'no it doesnt, it doesnt have a nose'. I therefore asked her 'if the caterpillar does not have a nose, how do you think he smells?' both mindee and my daughter wrinkled up their noses, stuck them next to the caterpillar and had a massive sniff and responded 'mmm yummy'. Both me and the inspector where in fits of laughter.
Lisa x

snufflepuff
19-08-2011, 10:45 AM
My inspector had a wireless mouse for her laptop. My son walked up and stole it! He then ran it across the carpet making car noises, lol!

Tink
19-08-2011, 10:46 AM
When I worked at nursery, the Ofsted lady came in whilst I was doing a craft activity, she asked one of the children their name and she replied with "I'm not telling you because I don't know you":clapping: We had been learning about stranger danger so some brownie points for us there:thumbsup:

Cassie
19-08-2011, 05:12 PM
At my last inspection i asked one of the girls if she was o.k..."No!" she replied "My knickers are stuck up my bum!!!

leeloo1
19-08-2011, 06:03 PM
My DS was about 15 mths when I was inspected. He ended up sitting on my (very lovely) inspector's knee playing with her laptop. :)

khlwomitchell
19-08-2011, 06:50 PM
for my pre-reg chat my calm balance daughter, 3, decided to really muck me about. i gave her paper and scissors next to O lady. Five mins later i realise she was running around the house with the scissors! little rotter, i nipped off caught her and hid them in a vase. dont think O noticed?????

funemnx
19-08-2011, 06:56 PM
LOL! Can't top that one - got us all laughing here!! :laughing: :laughing:

My last inspection lo fell over and split his eyebrow open on the coffee table - got full points for my 1st Aid skills though :eek:

Cammie Doodle
19-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Picture this - Mrs O sat at the head of table while im preparing lunch for the children, they sat waiting nicely having a drink.

Little 3 yr old boy says to little 13 mnth old while sat in high chair

"hey S give me some skin" :cool: and puts his fist up towards her hand for her to bang hands.

i was speech less - and laughing at the smae time. Luckly i seen Mrs O smiling in corner of my eye. :laughing: pah pah hahahah

Oh how funny.:laughing:
My funniest/ embarrassing moment was at an inspection (prior to Ofsted) when 2 people arrived to do my check. My Boxer dog took a liking to one of them and sat on her lap for most of the time she was here :blush: and my then 18mth old Mindee emptied her breifcase !!!!! I later found out that was her 1st inspection and she was being "observed" Poor woman, luckily all was good I passed and so did she and was my "inspector" for the next few years.

blue bear
19-08-2011, 10:28 PM
During one of my inspections, 2 year old mindee took mummy and daddy figures in the dolls house, put them in the bed and made very realistic noises. I asked what they were doing to which she replied " mummy is cold and daddy is warming her up!". I nearly died, inspector nearly fell off her chair laughing.

khlwomitchell
19-08-2011, 11:00 PM
During one of my inspections, 2 year old mindee took mummy and daddy figures in the dolls house, put them in the bed and made very realistic noises. I asked what they were doing to which she replied " mummy is cold and daddy is warming her up!". I nearly died, inspector nearly fell off her chair laughing.

omg! this place seriously needs a 'like' button coz that cracked me up! great idea that though to tell my kids, i'm in serious need of a bed room deadbolt, no space is precious!!

caz3007
20-08-2011, 10:01 AM
omg! this place seriously needs a 'like' button coz that cracked me up! great idea that though to tell my kids, i'm in serious need of a bed room deadbolt, no space is precious!!

I wanted to click 'like' on several of the posts as they made me smile.

Sam
20-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Love this thread!

My then 4yo mindee casually smacked Mrs O's bottom as he walked past her, she was bent over getting something out of her bag! I wanted to die, and all he could do was giggle!!! I took him to one side and explained we don't hit, and he had to say sorry, which he did. She later said I dealt with it very well :)

She came with us on the nursery run, and the same mindee told her to watch out round the corner as there was always dog poo there :eek: She interpreted that in my report as the children shared their knowledge of the local environment with her!

Sam.

mr man
21-08-2011, 06:43 PM
i wish we had a like button too, how funny are some of these.

i nearly peed when reading the mummy and daddy one :)

jamiebec2000
22-08-2011, 01:17 PM
When I had one of my inspections, my son who is now nearly 7yrs old, was potty training.
Everything was going brilliantly, he'd managed to do lots of wees on the potty some before and some while she was there, but he just hadn't managed the other and well lets just say he popped on the floor right next to the potty.
I was mortified :o but mrs O saw it as a positive thing and even wrote in my report how well i dealt with stressful situations in a calm manor.

I still gringe at the thought of it
Bec

Fraggle1
22-08-2011, 01:39 PM
ha ha ha they have really made me giggle!! fabby!!:) x

Rasharoon
22-08-2011, 01:43 PM
When I was a childminder and had my inspection, I was sat in the garden with Mrs O whilst my two 4 year old mindees played a role play game of 'police'. They asked her to play - for which she obliged - and they locked her up in their make believe prison with kiddie handcuffs on.

sillysausage
22-08-2011, 09:54 PM
On one of my inspections we were in the garden. One of my mindees, who was 3 at the time and had just started to go to the toilet on his own without assistance announced he needed the loo, but instead of going inside to the toilet he promptly dropped his pants and pee'd against one of my trees. I was mortified but kept my calm and asked him why he hadn't used the toilet. He said Daddy let him wee against a tree at the park and that he was a good boy because he could do stand up wee-wees now. The inspector was in fits of laughter. She made no reference at all to it in my report.

Fraggle1
09-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Hiya!

Funniest thing that happened whilst having my inspection was my own lo found the self inflating whoopie cushion that my eldest had left downstairs so for about 10 mins both him and my mindee just kept walking back and forth over it...the house was filled with trumping noises one after another after another....broke the ice anyway! ha ha ha :laughing: xx

caz3007
09-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Hiya!

Funniest thing that happened whilst having my inspection was my own lo found the self inflating whoopie cushion that my eldest had left downstairs so for about 10 mins both him and my mindee just kept walking back and forth over it...the house was filled with trumping noises one after another after another....broke the ice anyway! ha ha ha :laughing: xx

I thought you were going to say they put it under Mrs O's cushion :laughing:

macjade01
09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
These are fab! Im laughing my head off lol my daughter who is 6 did a scetch of my inspector when i had my pre reg visit she drew her with massive ears and a huge nose and showed her and said "you are beautiful"... followed by "now can you make my mom a childminder now!" lol :blush:

scoobydoo1
02-05-2012, 08:46 PM
These are great. I haven't started yet but my 4 year old little girl has been telling her teachers that her Uncle A is a builder because his bottom hangs out of his trousers and he's got a crack in it. The things children say

BucksCM
02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't know about funniest but my first ofsted inspection had a few hicups.
One child was sick before she arrived, so had to ring a parent to pick up. (and then clear up before arrival of Mrs O)
Then a lo who'd just started walking came walking into the lounge behind us just as i'd opened the patio doors to show the garden...and fell out!!
Accident report has Ofsted inspector as witness!!!

~Grasshopper~
02-05-2012, 09:08 PM
snap i had a toddler fall and crack his head during my inspection, i also put mr ofsted down as a witness lol

x

Bridey
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
My last inspection took place just after our town had a massive and unexpected snowfall that had literally shut it down and stranded people for 24 hours! I had 'the call' and then a few days later the inspector rang me to say she was on her way, asking what the roads were like as she was trading her car in that afternoon and didn't want to risk an accident. I told her the roads to the town were fine (true) and that my road had a little snow but people had returned to work. I must admit I was bending the truth A LITTLE at that point - I was desperate to get my first graded EYFS inspection over and done with! The snow was still at least 4/5 inches high along our road - although a couple of cars had made it through! :blush:

An hour later I stuck my head out of my door a few minutes after hearing lots of revving to find the inspector slipping and sliding along sheet ice of what used to be the pavement ... in a skirt and stiletto heels! :eek: I had to hold my hand out to pull her into the house!

The inspection went well and off she left. Again there was a LOT of revving! It wasn't until a few days later that someone told me he had seen her car, half an hour after she had left my house, at the bottom of my road being pushed along by a load of helpful neighbours! :laughing:

suzyblue
03-05-2012, 08:13 AM
During an inspection a little girl in a frilly dress looking very cute was sitting down for her dinner, unfortunately I had forgotten to give her some cutlery (a fork and a spoon) She had a scottish accent and shouted out "wheres ma forkin spoon!" :eek:

cs01
03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
During an inspection a little girl in a frilly dress looking very cute was sitting down for her dinner, unfortunately I had forgotten to give her some cutlery (a fork and a spoon) She had a scottish accent and shouted out "wheres ma forkin spoon!" :eek:

Now that made me cry with laughter :laughing:

stargazer1
04-05-2012, 08:44 AM

I have tears!! hahahahahaha

And as for the inspector in the snow, I thought inspectors were perfect!! Whats a bit of snow!!! hahah

We should have posts like this more often, has really lifted my mood!!

Milli147
04-05-2012, 11:28 AM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
That is the funniest thing I've heard in ages! I love it. More of these please!:clapping:

VeggieSausage
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
My 18 month old mindee kept putting his face into his food on the plate and taking a mouthful, no cutlery or hands required.....never done this before or since!!

jumpinjen
04-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Mine patted the inspectors tummy and asked her why she was so fat - I nearly died of embarrassment, she just laughed and said she ate too much, then i explaiend to LO why that might upset some people and that it was rude! I still got good though!!

jen x

JulieA
05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
On my last inspection the little bot I had was quite keen for Mrs O to leave as she was sat on the playroom sofa where he played cars, so was in his way. Everytime she adjusted herself he would dash off to get her shoes.

And also, not an Ofsted inspection but a local inspection as I look after social services children. The lady was chatting about a course I had recently been on and my mindee (aged 2) came over to me and said "Julie, can you shut me in the cupboard again, Please???" The inspector looked mortified until I explained that whilst the new flooring was being laid the under stairs cupboard had been emptied and so I put some blankets, cushions and lots of torches and flashing lights in there like a mini-sensory room, and that sometimes we had a snack or a story, and that this particular girl liked to sleep in there. I hasten to add that there is a handle on the inside of the door. The inspector was so impressed she sat in there with us! Shame it is full of all the usual gubbins now.

Tazmin68
06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
My inspection was during school holidays and my oldest son was a home and he has as aspergers his interest/ obsession is computers and he promptly told inspector that her laptop was old and out of date as It was running vista and windows 7 is what it should be working. He then proceeded to show her that she did not have much memory space left on her hard drive. This was after he told her that it was dangerous to balance a lap top on her lap she should use a table. And his final comment was her battery was running low so she should leave.

Oh and a few years before my development worker visited and we had flags of all the countries up on large window showing who was taking part in world cup. She asked my son where was the Jamaica flag as she was from Jamaica to which the reply " no flag they cannot play football they did not qualify silly"

OrlandoBelle
06-08-2012, 08:19 AM
My inspection was during school holidays and my oldest son was a home and he has as aspergers his interest/ obsession is computers and he promptly told inspector that her laptop was old and out of date as It was running vista and windows 7 is what it should be working. He then proceeded to show her that she did not have much memory space left on her hard drive. This was after he told her that it was dangerous to balance a lap top on her lap she should use a table. And his final comment was her battery was running low so she should leave.

Oh and a few years before my development worker visited and we had flags of all the countries up on large window showing who was taking part in world cup. She asked my son where was the Jamaica flag as she was from Jamaica to which the reply " no flag they cannot play football they did not qualify silly"

LOVE IT!!!

Winnie
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
A lo was just about to settle herself for a nap in the quiet corner when MRS O arrived, boy did she need that nap…but of course she forgot about sleeping and just bounced around with joy at having someone new to play with until lunch time. Sleep caught up with her sitting at the table ......and there she was with her head in her plate :laughing:
I thought oh goodness Mrs O’s going to think I’ve deliberately deprived this child of her sleep and I’ll be had for neglect- yes I really thought that, my nerves were shot to pieces :panic: but she just smiled and said it was ages since she’d seen a child crash out like that :)

mum2two
07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
My first inspection I had my own ds (2) potty training. He was doing really well, until he was sat on the bench next to the ofsted inspector.... Only very just missed her foot!!! :blush:

xx

sgu97alf
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Not child related.... but on my pre-inspection my dog decided to chew at his own bum and preceded to scoot across the living room on it leaving a mark on my carpet. :panic: I was absolutely mortified! He's never done that before and has never done it since. It HAD to be when she was there didn't it? Luckily I don't think she noticed.:(

Hilarious!!! Nearly choked on my tea reading this one. As a dog owner, it tickled me!!!! :laughing:

Anna x