PDA

View Full Version : Question about medication mrs O coming Monday Aaaaah!!!

tash 1
18-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi can't believe it mrs O coming on Monday 9.30am. I have been preparing for months for this day and am scared will not remember anything or go blank:panic: :panic: :panic: :eek: also where do we store calpol and any medication of kids was thinking fridge with lock or high up on top of fridge?

Zumba-mum
18-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Check what the bottle say's . make sure it has the childs name written on it. Mine is stored on top cupboard kids can't reach it. Good luck for monday :thumbsup:

karensmart4
18-08-2011, 07:18 PM
It will tell you on the bottle if it needs to be in the fridge. Other medication should be in a locked box/cupboard if pos or at the very least well out of reach of lo's. All medicines etc need to be clearly labled with child's name and dosage required and a consent form filled in and signed by parent and cm.

If she asked me that question this is how I would answer her :)

Good luck for Monday it's not usually as bad as you think it's going to be. x

tash 1
18-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Check what the bottle say's . make sure it has the childs name written on it. Mine is stored on top cupboard kids can't reach it. Good luck for monday :thumbsup:

Thanks just want to get it done now.hope u get things sorted.x

Velleity
19-08-2011, 07:37 AM
I didn't even have my medication in a locked box - just a shelf in a cupboard that was too high for the children to reach and she only said that if I get a child who is an expert climber - to put a lock on the entire cupboard heh

Penny1959
19-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Most of my medicine is stored on high shelf in a cupboard that can be locked - but never is - including inspection day. However my insulin is in the fridge and that is not locked. I use the kitchen safety gate and supervision - and ensuring as children get older they know about dangers of medication - especially my diabetic ones.

Penny :)

miffy
20-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Medication should be in it's original bottle with the child's name on and stored according to the instructions on the bottle - calpol doesn't need to be in the fridge so out of children's reach should be fine.

Good luck for Monday

Miffy xx

tash 1
20-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Mrs O coming Monday have spent all weekend on pre-reg book going blank on a few questions. what u consider when planning a suitable envirnonment? how u evaluate the success of activities u plan for kids? how u ensure children continue to be challenged interested about activites u plan? know prob straight forward.x

tash 1
20-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Mrs O coming Monday have spent all weekend on pre-reg book going blank on a few questions. what u consider when planning a suitable envirnonment? how u evaluate the success of activities u plan for kids? how u ensure children continue to be challenged interested about activites u plan? know prob straight forward.x

Didn't mean to put this here