PDA

View Full Version : help!

rainbowgarden
18-08-2011, 02:00 PM
how do you next step?
Am also stuggling planning for a for 4 year old boy who is very active does't enjoy table activities.

sarah707
18-08-2011, 05:19 PM
You watch and listen to what the child is doing and saying... that's your observation.

You then look at the Eyfs and think about how you can help the child to either consolidate (practice) what he is doing or saying...

Or how you can help him to improve or do something similar or new related to what he is doing or saying.

That's your assessment and individual plan (next step).

Hth :D

marleymoo
26-08-2011, 10:55 AM
if you get stuck, use your practice guidance for ideas until you get used to it. for example, if you've just seen him try to walk along a balancing beam, fall off and try again and again, look under PD movement and space for the 30-50m old. There you will see "persevere in repeating some actions or attempts when developing a new skill". if there is nothing specific for this activity in the planning and resourcing section (which there isn't), don't panic, you could put in your next steps "provide experiences to develop....(balancing skills)", "continue to support....", "more practice in.....".
I have a list of prompts that i use for writing next steps so that if i have a brain dead moment i can jolt myself back